fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Thanks for posting. Does Ford reuse part numbers? Googling shows similar trim panels from other vehicles with the same number. Looks like you can find them for mid 300s (reduced from the same msrp) from other dealers online but cant verify if its the cargo management trim piece or non since both apparently use that number.
Sponsored

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Thanks for posting. Does Ford reuse part numbers? Googling shows similar trim panels from other vehicles with the same number. Looks like you can find them for mid 300s (reduced from the same msrp) from other dealers online but cant verify if its the cargo management trim piece or non since both apparently use that number.
It appears they do use the same number. Looks like the part description should specify which one it is for sure.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
well if you received confirmation of the order I have to believe it's in the works somewhere. Sounds like you checked all the boxes and worked with someone. If you have the order number I would guess it's going to be built. It's undoubtedly frustrating.
I just wish Ford would tell me if it can or can’t be built before August or September so I can make a decision on how to proceed.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just wish Ford would tell me if it can or can’t be built before August or September so I can make a decision on how to proceed.
yeah that kind of limbo is not good. I would keep pressing the dealership with that approach. They should be able to confirm ordering and scheduling.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No deposit. Dealer didn’t want any.
In that case I'd start calling around to other dealers if you see the spec you want listed. Nothing to lose. You have no skin in the game and Ford can't give you a guarantee when/if you're going to get your order.

Dealer I was about to order with wanted $2500 non refundable with the exception of the car being built incorrectly.

Last edited:

gavin28x

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In that case I'd start calling around to other dealers if you see the spec you want listed. Nothing to lose. You have no skin in the game and Ford can't give you a guarantee when/if you're going to get your order.

Dealer I was about to order with wanted $2500 non refundable with the exception of the car being built incorrectly.

I have two ford dealers in town, one wanted the 2500$ non-refundable, drove 15min, and the other wanted 500$ refundable, no issues to speak of, so try not to get stuck with a single dealership if you dont have to / have other options.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have two ford dealers in town, one wanted the 2500$ non-refundable, drove 15min, and the other wanted 500$ refundable, no issues to speak of, so try not to get stuck with a single dealership if you dont have to / have other options.
I called about a dozen or so dealers with cars I wanted listed while deciding if i wanted to order. They were all sold, or demos, but I let them know I was serious and ready to buy if they got one in or if something happened. Lo and behold a day or so later and one of the sold cars suddenly had an orderer who couldnt be reached/wasn't returning calls to come get it and now its in my garage.

I know a badlands that was still available (as of last week) in southern illinois. Its their demo car, cant sell it til early may. they were willing to take a deposit to hold it.

https://www.jimxamis.com/new-Lincoln-2021-Ford-Bronco+Sport-Badlands-3FMCR9D92MRA07954

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same here. Called 15 dealers all with different offers. One insisted I would like what he had in the lot, not the color I wanted and features I didn't need. Another insisted costco no hassle pricing was as good as it gets. Another just kept blowing me off until I had one in the system then wanted to know why I didn't use his dealership. The guy I went with offered $500 refund/down payment option, guaranteed best finance/rebate/ford credit/etc at time of delivery. He didn't push, he didn't suggest. That was my easy sale. Guy understood I knew what I wanted and had plenty of options. Shop around. Wait to get what you want or accept what's available . Trust your gut.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
All the high option Badlands at the dealers around me are "In Transit" with dozens of buyers fighting each other to buy them. I will sit back and wait and let everyone else fight over the low to non-existent inventories. Plus, I want the later built vehicle hoping Ford gets their act together with defects etc.

Early on I did Build and Price, saw several coming up locally as a "match". Dealers said those were demos could not sell, dozens already lined up to buy them, told me to get lost , they don't need me they have enough buyers....

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I wonder if the no moonroof option is still available as it is not listed. Maybe it’s the moonroof shortage?
I ordered my OB+OB on 4/15 and couldn’t get the moonroof. They said it was a commodity issue, meaning no moonroofs available. They guessed 8-10 weeks for delivery, but I’m seeing here that is probably a pipe dream at best. Nice part is they didn’t take a deposit since they know it’ll sell ASAP if I decide I don’t want it.

vfxwelfy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Ordered a fully loaded BL on 3/26 currently no build date available.

LeftyLynn

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ordered on the 04/13/2021 deadline for the BL + BL. Just got the email with a production date of 06/28/2021. I was afraid that that they may say I have to wait for the 2022 model year, which I supposed still could happen with the supply issues. I have hope though that I'll get it this summer!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Grand Cherokee Overland
I'm in the exact same position with my BL+BL. ordered same day and got the same production week. If they push it I may look at a different vehicle.
Sponsored