GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Does anyone know why the June builds are stuck in product “waiting on a chip” when newer builds are completing and being deliverd?

I ordered a Area 51 BS OB OB without moonroof, it was built 6/18 and is just in limbo. My dealer ordered a similarly configured BS after this, just in Cactus Gray and it’s coming in next week.

I’ll jump on that rather waiting more. But I will miss out on several incentives around ordering and what was in place at time of ordering….
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Does anyone know why the June builds are stuck in product “waiting on a chip” when newer builds are completing and being deliverd?

I ordered a Area 51 BS OB OB without moonroof, it was built 6/18 and is just in limbo. My dealer ordered a similarly configured BS after this, just in Cactus Gray and it’s coming in next week.

I’ll jump on that rather waiting more. But I will miss out on several incentives around ordering and what was in place at time of ordering….
Go for the cactus gray you wont be disappointed.

OP
OP

GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Go for the cactus gray you wont be disappointed.
It was a coin toss for choosing the color! Love both of them. Actually I don’t think there is a color in this line up that I don’t like. Just how well it hides road salt in winter ?

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet

I was told it is bec for them to bring the June orders back to the plant and put the missing chips in them they have to stop production which they won’t do. The new dealership I’m dealing with told me that those June orders will not be brought back to the plant to be finished until after all 2021 customer and dealer stock orders are completed, then they will bring the June orders back to the plant to finish them and ship them.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Doesn't look like the June units will be getting completed any time soon. But @Ford Motor Company has plenty of parts to build/ship new complete units, including dealer ordered units, while special ordered customer units continue to sit:

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered BS waiting, but newer builds coming in Head In Sand Question

CD27

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Jeep Wrangler, Ford Ranger
My April order arrived at the dealer yesterday. Cyber Orange, BL+BL, gray roof, tow package.
Picking it up tonight(after a good look over and test drive i think).

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My April order arrived at the dealer yesterday. Cyber Orange, BL+BL, gray roof, tow package.
Picking it up tonight(after a good look over and test drive i think).
Wow that’s about my exact BS , March order! Ford are screwing the June build as suggested in the post earlier
Hope you love you Sport! If you do t let me know!

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I was told it is bec for them to bring the June orders back to the plant and put the missing chips in them they have to stop production which they won’t do. The new dealership I’m dealing with told me that those June orders will not be brought back to the plant to be finished until after all 2021 customer and dealer stock orders are completed, then they will bring the June orders back to the plant to finish them and ship them.
Well thank you that sort of make sense , I’m a stuck June build , but if Ford would only communicate that to Me I could be more understanding……

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Doesn't look like the June units will be getting completed any time soon. But @Ford Motor Company has plenty of parts to build/ship new complete units, including dealer ordered units, while special ordered customer units continue to sit:

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered BS waiting, but newer builds coming in Head In Sand Question
The Driving Sports YouTube channel just bought a production Maverick Lariat.
So they are also in full production of Mavericks while the June BS builds sit and rot.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford might be having issues again. Their shop ford tracking site cant find my vin in the system anymore. In the 8 months I have been paying attention to how ford does things the only thing consistent thing about ford is that ford is not consistent.

As the newest hot new thing the Maverick might just be given priority over the bronco sport. Customers have already shown they are willing to wait for the sport so no reason for Ford to worry. At some point someone will light a fire under fords hind end and things will happen. Just have to be patient. As the saying goes, "that's why its called faith."
Sponsored