OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Hello. Newcomer here. I'm also known as MightyMaverick on the Maverick forum but have just now joined the Bronco Sport forum because I recently ordered a 2023 Ford Bronco Sport as well. This will not be my car per se, this will be for my mom. We ordered her an Area 51 Outer Banks to match my Area 51 Maverick Lariat. I know this sounds corny but this has been a dream of mine ever since both of these vehicles came out. I've always wanted to have a Maverick and Bronco Sport together so eventually that dream will come true. Now, I don't expect to see it anytime soon. My guess is with supply constraints and the semiconductor chip shortage not getting any better, it will be half a year+. To get some perspective, does anyone know the common wait time for a Bronco Sport order, particularly an Outer Banks trim? The only add-on we have is the technology package (B&O sound system, HD Radio, Wireless Charging, and Homelink) I'm assuming the Bronco Sport is a little more attainable than the Maverick but I could be wrong since it's very sought-after and the fact it's made in the same factory as the Maverick. Whatever the case maybe, I sure cannot wait to get it after almost two years of drooling over them on the road. My mom and I fell in love with them since the day I saw the first pictures. Thank you for reading and I look forward to becoming a new member of the Bronco Sport forum.
Sponsored

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
I ordered a Badlands with everything except the storage management system. It took 4 months. I regret not getting the storage management. For $150 it is a good investment. If I were you I would get it. If you wait till later it cost $1500 and a real pain in the ass to swap out the panels.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wait times any where from 4-9 months. Dealer allocation and parts constraints can hold them up.

As mentioned above, Cargo Management System cheap to add when ordered but crazy expensive to add afterwards. Your dealer can add it to your order.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Pretty sure you will like it.
Mine order was placed 10/9/21, confirmed by Ford 10/12/21, built 12/23/21, arrived dealer 1/29/22. At the time info on BS was dealer size/allocation didn't matter. Orders taken in order received, with signature and ID required at time of order. My only OB options were Tow Pkg & Cargo mat. Mine did experience one 12 day set back from original schedule.
4500 miles now, absolutely NO issues with mine.
Tech Pkg is not doubt full of "chips". Hope it does not cause delays now.
As arrived at dealer:
Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks 1661101486806

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Welcome to the forum! The wait for an Outer Banks seems to be significantly less than the wait for a Badlands from what I've read on this forum. Wait times are around the 4-5 month range for the OB while the Badlands is around the 6-8 month range nowadays (My Badlands wait should end in September, about 7 months after ordering). As I'm sure you know from waiting on your Maverick, Ford production schedules can't really be deciphered. Dealer allocation, options, and priority code all play a role in when yours will be built, but it can't really be predicted. Expect 5 months and be pleasantly surprised if it's sooner.

Your mom is going to love it! A51 is so pretty on the Sport. I've seen an A51 Sport and Maverick side by side on a few occasions and it's a bit silly how similar they are, down to the smallest trim details. Enjoy the wait and don't stress. It'll get here when it gets here and I promise it's worth it.

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks 20220521_152850

OP
OP
OuterBanks25

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Welcome to the forum! The wait for an Outer Banks seems to be significantly less than the wait for a Badlands from what I've read on this forum. Wait times are around the 4-5 month range for the OB while the Badlands is around the 6-8 month range nowadays (My Badlands wait should end in September, about 7 months after ordering). As I'm sure you know from waiting on your Maverick, Ford production schedules can't really be deciphered. Dealer allocation, options, and priority code all play a role in when yours will be built, but it can't really be predicted. Expect 5 months and be pleasantly surprised if it's sooner.

Your mom is going to love it! A51 is so pretty on the Sport. I've seen an A51 Sport and Maverick side by side on a few occasions and it's a bit silly how similar they are, down to the smallest trim details. Enjoy the wait and don't stress. It'll get here when it gets here and I promise it's worth it.

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks 20220521_152850
Thank you so much for the insight and kind words. This was a great greeting onto the Bronco Sport forum. I know for a fact it'll be worth the wait. By the way, that Big Bend of yours is absolutely gorgeous! Any Bronco Sport for that matter is so cool. I can't help but stare at them in parking lots or on the road.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thank you so much for the insight and kind words. This was a great greeting onto the Bronco Sport forum. I know for a fact it'll be worth the wait. By the way, that Big Bend of yours is absolutely gorgeous! Any Bronco Sport for that matter is so cool. I can't help but stare at them in parking lots or on the road.
Ah man, thank you! I bought it off a dealer lot in June of 2021 but had been looking for a Badlands for several months prior. Couldn't find one and needed a vehicle asap, so I bought the Big Bend as a placeholder. Luckily, my hometown dealership is offering me about 5k more than what I paid for it last summer, so it's still a financially sound decision to make my Badlands dream a reality. I've loved the A51, but my heart was set on Velocity Blue the moment I saw it offered for MY22. I also work for the Forest Service and need the off-road Badlands goodies to reach some of my favorite hiking trails. The towing and premium packages are me spoiling myself a bit, but will also be wonderful upgrades (especially since I'm moving cross-country for work next year). I've been waiting patiently and stockpiling accessories since I ordered in March. No matter what trim you purchase, it's a phenomenal vehicle. I look back and stare every time I get out of it. I promise you'll wind up finding reasons to drive your mom's every chance you get. 🙂

Ford Bronco Sport Ordered a Bronco Sport Outer Banks ezgif-2-db78a046a7

pat1305

Outer Banks
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello. Newcomer here. I'm also known as MightyMaverick on the Maverick forum but have just now joined the Bronco Sport forum because I recently ordered a 2023 Ford Bronco Sport as well. This will not be my car per se, this will be for my mom. We ordered her an Area 51 Outer Banks to match my Area 51 Maverick Lariat. I know this sounds corny but this has been a dream of mine ever since both of these vehicles came out. I've always wanted to have a Maverick and Bronco Sport together so eventually that dream will come true. Now, I don't expect to see it anytime soon. My guess is with supply constraints and the semiconductor chip shortage not getting any better, it will be half a year+. To get some perspective, does anyone know the common wait time for a Bronco Sport order, particularly an Outer Banks trim? The only add-on we have is the technology package (B&O sound system, HD Radio, Wireless Charging, and Homelink) I'm assuming the Bronco Sport is a little more attainable than the Maverick but I could be wrong since it's very sought-after and the fact it's made in the same factory as the Maverick. Whatever the case maybe, I sure cannot wait to get it after almost two years of drooling over them on the road. My mom and I fell in love with them since the day I saw the first pictures. Thank you for reading and I look forward to becoming a new member of the Bronco Sport forum.
My dealership says that Ford Order Bank for 2023 Bronco Sport is delayed and not accepting orders until 9/15/22. Was yours a pre-order at dealership level?

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
My dealership says that Ford Order Bank for 2023 Bronco Sport is delayed and not accepting orders until 9/15/22. Was yours a pre-order at dealership level?
Your dealer told you what? I ordered a BS Heritage Edition on 8/12 and the order was input and accepted and the dealer has the DORA also showing acceptance. Now we just have to wait for the actual scheduling of the ‘23 models.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Unless you meant the full size Bronco your dealer was mistaken. Order banks are open and accepting orders. I have my email confirming my order from two weeks ago now and SuzySparks indicated there is a wait for the MY23 production to begin, but no wait to order.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My wife ordered on 8/12. Received e-mail from Ford later that day acknowledging order.

pat1305

Outer Banks
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ok, Ok... so I'm in Charlotte, NC and now 2 dealers have definitely told me that they were informed on 8/1 that the 8/2 opening of the Ford Order Bank was delayed from 8/2 to "mid-Sept" for 2023 Bronco Sports. I then called a Buffalo, NY dealer whom my brother in law goes to and he also confirmed same and added that even when Ford Order Bank opens that although I can place the order, the production will likely be behind 2022 catch-up's they'll need to finish first. Also added that the chip shortage is the reason for delay.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, so this is accurate for the "Full Size" Bronco, not the Bronco Sport. I ordered from Granger Ford in Iowa (even though I live in Georgia) on August 11th, because they have offered forum members very favorable deals. Might want to give them an email or call.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Maybe there is a misunderstanding of terminology? The order banks/books are open for the ‘23 bronco sports and Ford is confirming acceptance of orders. They do NOT plan on building any of those ‘23 bronco sports until late November; is the last I heard. All ‘22 orders have to be finalized on 1 September and there should be no roll overs as all orders will be fulfilled. So the ‘23 production should start whenever Ford decides. Of course this being said, there could be delays between now and then, but the order books are open, Ford is confirming acceptance (which they would not do if the books were not open), and with luck, ‘23 model year production should start towards the end of November.
Sponsored