Order Timeline

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
What is the wait time for a new order? Iv been told 3-5 months up to 13 months.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Too many moving pieces to say for sure. Will all depend on commodity constraints. That means the lowest level of trims should be made sooner and the highest trims later but they will build what they can so if it’s the parts for the higher trim levels they have available, then that is what they will build. Sorry for the non answer.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Our dealer is telling people 6 months from order to delivery. Weather that’s still true 6 months from now who knows. ?‍♂

Renee Soss

Outer Banks
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Our dealer is telling people 6 months from order to delivery. Weather that’s still true 6 months from now who knows. ?‍♂
I ordered 12/21. Production 2/28. Thinking a new production date will be 3/28....? I just need my BS OB by mid May. If I don't get it in time, I don't know what I will decide to do...

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
What is the wait time for a new order? Iv been told 3-5 months up to 13 months.
It had been literally fluid. Depends on trim/options selected, "chip" shortages, lost shipping container, potential recalls, weather, worker/driver shortages.

Just as an example, I ordered 10/9/21, production 12/22/21, built 12/23/21, shipped 12/28/21, at dealer in NE FL 1/28/22. My originally scheduled build week was 12/6, it was slipped to 12/20. Mine is OB with only Tow & cargo pad. My time line also includes at least one, maybe two days the factory was shut down due to "material" shortages.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
It had been literally fluid. Depends on trim/options selected, "chip" shortages, lost shipping container, potential recalls, weather, worker/driver shortages.

Just as an example, I ordered 10/9/21, production 12/22/21, built 12/23/21, shipped 12/28/21, at dealer in NE FL 1/28/22. My originally scheduled build week was 12/6, it was slipped to 12/20. Mine is OB with only Tow & cargo pad. My time line also includes at least one, maybe two days the factory was shut down due to "material" shortages.
This is a perfect example of why it’s hard to pin down an accurate estimation.

Comparing ourselves to PonyDriver43, We (wife and myself) ordered a month before on 9/7. Original production week 11/8, pushed back to 11/29. Went into production 11/29 but not “built” until 12/22. Shipped 12/25. Delivered to Southwestern PA on 1/24. Ours was on chip hold for close to a month. So even though ours was ordered a month earlier PonyDriver43 took delivery at approximately the same time.

Ours is a Badlands loaded with everything except 360+ and we still got hit with the chip hold.

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Trying to see which dealers timeline is in line with what peoples actually are.

Wife wants cyber orange so crossing fingers 2023 models its still available.

Johnny Mo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati XDiavel, 23 Bronco Raptor
Ordered a Badlands 10/12 - still no build date. Just ordered a Grand Cherokee Altitude - whichever shows up first wins.

Mrplowjr73

Badlands
First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BL BS, 21 KR F-450
Ordered a Badlands 10/12 - still no build date. Just ordered a Grand Cherokee Altitude - whichever shows up first wins.
Same boat here 10/20 on mine order confirmed was my last communication.

CMajor

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ordered mine 1/31, no update yet on production. How long does the VIN take to be made for tracking? Was told by dealership things are looking better and all around order should be 3-4 months?

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Same boat. Actively looking for a RAV4 Hybrid as well as the Bronco Sport. If I can get into a Toyota in the next month then we can see if we like it until the BS is ready.

mlgators

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ordered mine 1/31, no update yet on production. How long does the VIN take to be made for tracking? Was told by dealership things are looking better and all around order should be 3-4 months?
We ordered 01/10 and received a “scheduled for production” email from Ford on 01/20 including VIN.

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
We ordered 01/10 and received a “scheduled for production” email from Ford on 01/20 including VIN.
I'm curious about what your priority code(number) was on you order confirmation (my sales rep texted me a picture of his paper version of my order confirmation, on which there was a box with a number which is the priority code). Do you happen to know and care to share what that was? Seems like it was scheduled for production quite fast. And lucky you!

mlgators

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm curious about what your priority code(number) was on you order confirmation (my sales rep texted me a picture of his paper version of my order confirmation, on which there was a box with a number which is the priority code). Do you happen to know and care to share what that was? Seems like it was scheduled for production quite fast. And lucky you!
It was 19 on the original paperwork, which I believe is the lowest/worst you can get. The original production date was 02/21, then a few weeks ago, was moved to 02/28. So far, no further pushbacks but I wouldn’t be surprised if it got pushed again. For reference, the OBX has tech package, tow package but we did not get 360+. Our dealer said that was a good move because they have seen that option move slower. Who knows though. From what I’ve read on here, which is a lot, I’m not sure the rhyme or reason for timing is all that straight forward. I’ve tried to make sense of it myself!

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
It was 19 on the original paperwork, which I believe is the lowest/worst you can get. The original production date was 02/21, then a few weeks ago, was moved to 02/28. So far, no further pushbacks but I wouldn’t be surprised if it got pushed again. For reference, the OBX has tech package, tow package but we did not get 360+. Our dealer said that was a good move because they have seen that option move slower. Who knows though. From what I’ve read on here, which is a lot, I’m not sure the rhyme or reason for timing is all that straight forward. I’ve tried to make sense of it myself!
Thanks for sharing. Mine was also 19, and I also saw that was the lowest we'd get as custom orders. The dealer inventory/stock orders have lower codes than us (20-40 I think is what I learned on another forum), so at least we're slightly better off there. Yeah, I won't drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, I'll just drive myself crazy actually waiting to get it. You must also have a high priority dealership, which I've gathered Ford prioritizes some over others, but perhaps that's reflected in the priority code... IDK. My BS will be the Big Bend, but it's gonna have the convenience package (the BB version of OB's tech package), moonroof, tow pkg, and 360+, just about as fully loaded as the BB's can come. The only "tech-y" options I didn't order was the remote start or the engine block heater. And from I've read (like you, a lot on here haha), the things I picked could really slow it down. I think the moonroof and the 360+ will be the really big kickers. I really wanted the navigation with the 360+, and figured the adaptive cruise control would be a nice feature as well. I don't think mine will be ready anytime soon. I'm thinking it will be at least until June - July. I'm trying to be conservative mostly so that if it happens to be ready in May or April, I'll be happy! Hopefully it won't be longer than mid-summer. Time will tell. My eyes are practically glued to my email and phone waiting for a VIN and production schedule...
Sponsored