thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
After hemming and hawing for a year I placed my order today for a Bandlands. Now the waiting begins sprinkled with a dash of paranoia that the dealer will try to pull something when it comes in. Has anyone experienced dealers going rogue upon delivery? My dealership has a general $2k over MSPR advertised price on the 4 units in stock or en route, but they agreed to MSRP on my order. Here's hoping I'll have some nice pictures of my new ride somewhere in the vicinity of my birthday at the end of May.
Sponsored

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You may be waiting a little longer than May! I ordered my OB on 1/10. It's supposed to be built this week. There have been delays in every step in the process. But, here's hoping your order goes easier.

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150
My dealer promised no ADM on a customer order but we still walked in prepared to walk out without it. Would’ve been heartbreaking for my wife but she’s the tough one between us and absolutely would have walked out! Fortunately our dealer was straight up and it all went well.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
After hemming and hawing for a year I placed my order today for a Bandlands. Now the waiting begins sprinkled with a dash of paranoia that the dealer will try to pull something when it comes in. Has anyone experienced dealers going rogue upon delivery? My dealership has a general $2k over MSPR advertised price on the 4 units in stock or en route, but they agreed to MSRP on my order. Here's hoping I'll have some nice pictures of my new ride somewhere in the vicinity of my birthday at the end of May.
If you just ordered it, you won't see it until July/August.
We ordered ours on 1/18 and received notice it is scheduled for build 5-9.

nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
We ordered our Badlands Jan 20 and were emailed a build date the week of April 11, shortly followed by an update to April 18 on February 4. No updates since then.

OP
OP
thekingprawn

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the sads, but it's worth the wait to get exactly what I want instead of paying for stuff I don't need.

OP
OP
thekingprawn

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, luckily I'm on the left coast, so delivery shouldn't have delays, unlike every single thing fedex delivers.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Wife ordered her Badlands 12/4. Late Feb she got a build week of 4/25, then an updated date of 5/2 last week. Soooo.... yeah buckle in it's likely to be a long wait.

OP
OP
thekingprawn

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This could suck more than anticipated I guess.

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Badlands ordered 21/11/10...not scheduled yet...not a small dealer either.

rrali33tt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, 22' BSBL on order
If the dealership I ordered from tries to pull any kind of shenanigans when my vehicle comes in (if it ever gets built lol) , I guarantee I will be Youtube famous by going full "Karen" inside that dealership.

They already somewhat claim that a "visibility report" does not exist every time I ask them for an update they say that I will get an email from Ford and they can't tell me anything.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
First make sure you have a signed sales agreement and a refundable deposit with dealer. This should save you from any b.s. mark ups.

Then I ordered 1-18. Received VIN 2-18, with a production date of 5-2, and then a update that it was moved up to 4-18. So hoping for Colorado delivery early May.

So if you get a similar time line say 4 months from yeaterday

OP
OP
thekingprawn

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is there is no actual sales agreement until the vehicle exists (can't sell a vehicle with no VIN), so anything they sign that isn't attached to a real item is basically a handshake anyway. They said if I bring the order form in they'll have the sales manager sign it to give me peace of mind. I've bought a couple of vehicles from this dealership before, and they were fairly square with me in all the dealings.

4 months from yesterday would do fine. It's near(ish) my birthday and would be in time for the two camping trips I have planned for late summer. Did you get the VIN when the production date email? Moving up your date gives me hope that things are (maybe) a little better on their supply lines.
Sponsored