Options / Lack of Options on First Edition

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
Ford ought to open up a few more options on the First Edition. I understand it's loaded, but there are other trims that have certain specific options that could easily be made available to purchasers of the FE. It doesn't make sense to have less options in a few certain areas while paying a premium. I get that they want to make the FE distinguishable from the others, but they have done that with some of the markings(Bronco badge, stripes, FE nameplate, etc.), We ought to have a few specific options added in. On the interior - The Navy Pier might be outstanding, but hard to tell with the pictures that I have seen. They are all different shades in the pictures. We should have another option or 2 that match every paint color on the FE. On the exterior - we need an extra option on roof color. Badlands has the Gray option.. FE only listed black in the build tool. The gray would tie in so nice with the carbonized gray grill. This also goes for the rims - black and gray option is needed. Happy to have my reservation and order in, but will continue to consider other paths based on what, if any, options are added to the FE.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Ford ought to open up a few more options on the First Edition. I understand it's loaded, but there are other trims that have certain specific options that could easily be made available to purchasers of the FE. It doesn't make sense to have less options in a few certain areas while paying a premium. I get that they want to make the FE distinguishable from the others, but they have done that with some of the markings(Bronco badge, stripes, FE nameplate, etc.), We ought to have a few specific options added in. On the interior - The Navy Pier might be outstanding, but hard to tell with the pictures that I have seen. They are all different shades in the pictures. We should have another option or 2 that match every paint color on the FE. On the exterior - we need an extra option on roof color. Badlands has the Gray option.. FE only listed black in the build tool. The gray would tie in so nice with the carbonized gray grill. Happy to have my reservation and order in, but will continue to consider other paths based on what, if any, options are added to the FE.
I have a FE reserved and wasn't thrilled with the lack of exterior paint and interior/seat choices either.

I actually like the brown leather option in the Badlands over the Navy Pier that is the only choice. Luckily, it probably won't look too bad paired with the Area 51 I picked, but I don't think it will mesh well with Rapid Red, for example.

I stumbled upon this earlier and saw that someone from Ford suggests they're open to feedback. I think it's OK to link here since it's just the forum for the regular Bronco.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/first-edition-bronco-will-have-navy-pier-interior-option-only.2933/

OP
OP
MDCDOC

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
Hey Ron - Thanks, saw that tweet. Good stuff. I would imagine they will get this right and provide a few more options in key areas that are available at lower end trims. Hopeful. We'll see.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What are the chances they will offer up some additional options on the FE's if the order is already placed? I'm guessing slim and none. I still haven't seen an Area 51 picture from the plant in Mexico. Keep seeing Cyber Orange and Rapid Red.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Ron - Thanks, saw that tweet. Good stuff. I would imagine they will get this right and provide a few more options in key areas that are available at lower end trims. Hopeful. We'll see.
Yeah, fingers crossed. I made peace with what I could/couldn't get in the First Edition when I confirmed my order. I was on the fence about the Area 51 paint until I saw the marketing photo in my avatar. If you look at that photo vs the color that shows up in the configurator, I think it looks much more muted/gray (and I don't mean that as a positive). It looks dramatically better in the photo (my opinion, anyway).

What are the chances they will offer up some additional options on the FE's if the order is already placed? I'm guessing slim and none. I still haven't seen an Area 51 picture from the plant in Mexico. Keep seeing Cyber Orange and Rapid Red.
IDK. I wouldn't keep my hopes up given production is ~90 days away, but it would be a nice surprise to have the option, even if it meant taking delivery later.

Weird that there haven't been any Area 51 photos yet, because Rapid Red and Cyber Orange were going to be the two "late availability" colors for the First Edition.

Horsetail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
There was a leaked photo online of the Bronco Sport in Area 51
Yeah, fingers crossed. I made peace with what I could/couldn't get in the First Edition when I confirmed my order. I was on the fence about the Area 51 paint until I saw the marketing photo in my avatar. If you look at that photo vs the color that shows up in the configurator, I think it looks much more muted/gray (and I don't mean that as a positive). It looks dramatically better in the photo (my opinion, anyway).

IDK. I wouldn't keep my hopes up given production is ~90 days away, but it would be a nice surprise to have the option, even if it meant taking delivery later.

Weird that there haven't been any Area 51 photos yet, because Rapid Red and Cyber Orange were going to be the two "late availability" colors for the First Edition.
There was a leaked photo of Area 51 on the sport here:
https://www.torquenews.com/9539/2021-ford-bronco-sport-taking-shape
I agree with all the above comments-- I would have ordered a first edition but preferred the gray roof on the badlands, would be great if they offered a white roof as well

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I saw this same picture on the Bronco6g forum and someone commented that the Sport was painted by a body shop and that the color is most likely off. I hope it it, this is too blue for me.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw this same picture on the Bronco6g forum and someone commented that the Sport was painted by a body shop and that the color is most likely off. I hope it it, this is too blue for me.
Yeah, I'm going to assume the photo in my avatar, which is of an actual vehicle and from Ford's own website, is the most accurate.
Sponsored