Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sooooooo. I did a thing. Or, more specifically a rock did.

I’ve got a Badlands and a rock kicked, flipped and went taller than it started. I have no idea if this is severe damage or not, but an idea from all you smart people would go a long way.

Yes, I’m going to have a dealer take a gander.

There was no damage to suspension parts and it drives same as before. Even re-forded water almost 2ft deep.

so here it is. Most of the guys on the trail say it doesn’t look like a big deal.

front “something” right behind suspension.
Ford Bronco Sport Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity. 23144945-7E30-4F72-BE0C-A740FD1CB815

Body Pan???? This is passenger side.
Ford Bronco Sport Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity. 17A7E4A8-3F7F-4EA4-ADFB-D4211678D1E7

skid plate on tank did its job. No damage to exhaust.
Ford Bronco Sport Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity. 8CCF2AE2-6650-443F-9F8C-6FB5A5FA5DFF
Sponsored

Last edited:

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Sooooooo. I did a thing. Or, more specifically a rock did.

I’ve got a Badlands and a rock kicked, flipped and went taller than it started. I have no idea if this is severe damage or not, but an idea from all you smart people would go a long way.

Yes, I’m going to have a dealer take a gander.

There was no damage to suspension parts and it drives same as before. Even re-forded water almost 2ft deep.

so here it is. Most of the guys on the trail say it doesn’t look like a big deal.

front “something” right behind suspension.
Ford Bronco Sport Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity. 23144945-7E30-4F72-BE0C-A740FD1CB815

Body Pan???? This is passenger side.
Ford Bronco Sport Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity. 17A7E4A8-3F7F-4EA4-ADFB-D4211678D1E7

skid plate on tank did its job. No damage to exhaust.
Ford Bronco Sport Oops. I think I broke it. I know nothing about determining severity. 8CCF2AE2-6650-443F-9F8C-6FB5A5FA5DFF
Battle scars, chicks dig scars..... :crackup:

Doesn't look bad at all.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Would appear to be easy to fix if needed but I doubt it’s needed.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Replace the tub plug. Looks like you may have dented the plug area. Hard to tell in pic. Take a lil sandpaper and clean up the areas you rashed and then spray paint it so it doesn’t rust. And pick a better line next time.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Scrap the BS , it has road rash & it will probably not go away . :crying::cwl: Ya want to play with Rocks , this is what happens , they always leave a signature . I see nothing to worry about , just battle scares .

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
If it drives the same your fine. Get a new tub plug. Sand and paint the scratch. Call it a battle scar.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Take a few minutes to ensure that:
  • The bent parts do not touch anything they are not supposed to touch (drive line or suspension parts).
  • You have not changed geometry of the frame or suspension.
If it passes this inspection then you're fine. If you are unqualified to make these determinations then have someone who is perform the inspection for you.

Since you are using the vehicle to drive through water, and it appears you scraped some paint off the bent parts, you need to give some attention to corrosion protection. Clean off the bent metal as best you can (use a wire brush to get the crud off and solvent to eliminate any petroleum residue) then give the bare metal a few coats of quality rust-protection spray paint. Click here for more about rust prevention.

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
And the verdict is…….. come back on Saturday. Even tho I had appointment, it would take 1-3 days just to look at it.

said on Saturday their “main line” guys are looking for things to do.

The guy that was there said he didn’t think it would be big deal, but should check to ensure subframe didn’t get damaged.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just photo visual...I'd GUESS it's a mere flesh wound and as many have said, clean up the metal, get some primer and some canned underbody spray and seal it up to avert rust. Here in Michigan. That would be a mess inside three weeks right now.
Good luck I think it will be fine

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just photo visual...I'd GUESS it's a mere flesh wound and as many have said, clean up the metal, get some primer and some canned underbody spray and seal it up to avert rust. Here in Michigan. That would be a mess inside three weeks right now.
Good luck I think it will be fine
Im new to the game. So get a bit butterfly like still haha. I’m sure my mustang probably had a few dents and I never even noticed from road hazards.

I’ll get there the more I learn. I’m just happy to get away from the world and see the stuff like when I was a kid. Nature rocks. ….. I just need to remember some rocks are alive, and they are hard. And they might jump out and try to bite!

wonder if it was the rocks that were coming out to pee on the one tire for a while. Hmmmm (reference to a different thread)

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Im new to the game. So get a bit butterfly like still haha. I’m sure my mustang probably had a few dents and I never even noticed from road hazards.

I’ll get there the more I learn. I’m just happy to get away from the world and see the stuff like when I was a kid. Nature rocks. ….. I just need to remember some rocks are alive, and they are hard. And they might jump out and try to bite!

wonder if it was the rocks that were coming out to pee on the one tire for a while. Hmmmm (reference to a different thread)
Nobody wants unnecessary damage especially on a new vehicle. Here's to a positive outcome and more adventure. I've seen the sliding or moving rocks out west...but those pee rocks now those scare me🤣🤣
Sponsored