On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
An update on mine. I took it in 3 weeks ago for the transmission noises. The dealer did testing and said it failed the testing, so they ordered a new transmission and various parts needed to put it in.
They said it should be ready early next week. I will update you all after I test drive it!

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 7DD9E556-9D73-4772-B6F1-F95788A836CA
Sponsored

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Does anyone have issues with the plastic making rattles and creaking noises? Mine has 200 miles and it and I'm going crazy already. The dealership is saying it's normal chassis transfer. I hear them (several sounds) every small bump on the road.
The only irritating noise mine makes is the transmission noise discussed at length in this thread.

Creaks and rattles that drive you crazy are not "normal".

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
The only irritating noise mine makes is the transmission noise discussed at length in this thread.

Creaks and rattles that drive you crazy are not "normal".
These are the same noises I took mine in for. ;-(

tooloko

Big Bend
First Name
javier juarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
An update on mine. I took it in 3 weeks ago for the transmission noises. The dealer did testing and said it failed the testing, so they ordered a new transmission and various parts needed to put it in.
They said it should be ready early next week. I will update you all after I test drive it!

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... 7DD9E556-9D73-4772-B6F1-F95788A836CA
Hello Nancy B, please give us more information about it, because my dealer saids that "it´s a normal noise, there is no problem" , can you tell us why your dealer said "failed the testing" maybe we can open my dealer "eyes" and they learn how to do it. Thank you.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4

Hi Nancy, good morning. I see youre from OR too, can you tell me which dealership you took in your BS for repair? Thanks

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like it's out in Gresham. Is yours making the same noise too?
Ahh up in gresham…well mine makes that transmission noise only when engine has been running a while and when slowing down and coasting below 30mph during the break in period…im waiting for a proper fix from ford as mine i can ignore by quickly going up in gear and rpm…also after 3000+ miles it rarely happens now. But it is definitely there, it just happens randomly now.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ahh up in gresham…well mine makes that transmission noise only when engine has been running a while and when slowing down and coasting below 30mph during the break in period…im waiting for a proper fix from ford as mine i can ignore by quickly going up in gear and rpm…also after 3000+ miles it rarely happens now. But it is definitely there, it just happens randomly now.
I can reproduce the noise fairly regularly. Only had one time where it felt like a mis-shift or something while I was circling a roundabout. Likewise, I am waiting for them to announce an actual fix instead of letting them fish around. No wonder we never see these on the Oregon roads! All in the shop, ? !?

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can reproduce the noise fairly regularly. Only had one time where it felt like a mis-shift or something while I was circling a roundabout. Likewise, I am waiting for them to announce an actual fix instead of letting them fish around. No wonder we never see these on the Oregon roads! All in the shop, ? !?
Too far to gallop here in PNW, horseys end up in the shops due to fatigue…joking aside i suggest using sport mode so BS can go high rpm/gear quickly, in normal mode you run into more chances of hitting the 3rd gear 1500rpm noise plus theres not enough torque with the normal mode with the 1.5L (just my input)

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hello Nancy B, please give us more information about it, because my dealer saids that "it´s a normal noise, there is no problem" , can you tell us why your dealer said "failed the testing" maybe we can open my dealer "eyes" and they learn how to do it. Thank you.
SURE! -
I just picked mine up. The whole transmission was replaced. The constant hiss noise is gone and it does seem to shift smoother. But it still makes the soft rattling noise around 1500 rpms at low shifting. It doesn’t make that occasional growling noise anymore though.
They Tested the transmission pressure and it was leaking air. Thus the replacement. The other rattling noises aren’t related, maybe that noise is really normal.
...But my dealer did hear that rattling noise, and did say that wasn’t normal, and thought they fixed that. I’m tired of not having my car, so I’ll deal with that later. ;-(.
At least I know my tranny won’t konk out on me. Hopefully! ;-)
here is a picture of there work for you-

Ford Bronco Sport On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"... B81B9A84-7FF3-47AB-8084-53224CB81D63

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hi Nancy, good morning. I see youre from OR too, can you tell me which dealership you took in your BS for repair? Thanks
To Mackenzie Ford out in Hillsboro.
I took it to Gresham Ford first and they said it was a lose cable by the fire wall and it was fixed. That didn't fix it.
Ive gone to Mackenzie before and they will dig to fix things.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
To Mackenzie Ford out in Hillsboro.
Glad they got it fixed up for you. That's where I took mine but I felt like they didn't look into my issues very seriously. If they get enough of us hitting them with the same complaint, they'll get a better handle on how to solve it.

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There is that little bit of low speed noise that's still kinda there. That could well be that park release cable(?) as per PT_Town's earlier posts. They replaced the park release cable but it could have been with one with same design defect. The transmission replacement fixed the grinding/whirring/hard drive noise. That clearly was not the park release cable - completely separate issue.
I've been driving a good deal since the transmission replacement...while the obvious whirring noise is less obvious, I'm still hearing some subtle rattles/noises at low speeds. Still hearing low speed noises? Was hoping with some driving time, things would shake themselves out or maybe I'm overly paranoid and need to realize that these noise quirks are simply normal to the BS.

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Glad they got it fixed up for you. That's where I took mine but I felt like they didn't look into my issues very seriously. If they get enough of us hitting them with the same complaint, they'll get a better handle on how to solve it.
Ask for Benito Martinez. He knows all about this. ;-)
Sponsored