On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wow this is super enlightening. Thanks for posting this. Very helpful.
Sounds like Ford has engineers digging into noise issues. While true turbo engines make noises not sure I would consider a rattle noise normal like they stated. I have had and currently have many turbo vehicles in my family none of them rattle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
So you’re telling my my washer fluid isn’t actually low?? I get a warning randomly about it would make sense if that was not true… I barely use my washer fluid!
I think of it goes on and off, then it's probably not really low. If it comes on and stays on, probably time to pop the hood and look. ?

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Thanks for the update on your noise issue.
Regarding the Sirius issue: do you know what level software they installed? You can find this in Settings/General/about SiriusXM.
Thanks
He actually said that they fixed the USB issue with the module update, which resolved the Sirius not working I guess? I'll post the software version you're looking for when I get a chance to play with it later.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
He actually said that they fixed the USB issue with the module update, which resolved the Sirius not working I guess? I'll post the software version you're looking for when I get a chance to play with it later.
Thanks!

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think of it goes on and off, then it's probably not really low. If it comes on and stays on, probably time to pop the hood and look. ?
On the way home after posting that, it came on and off 4 different times… it is also not close to empty so I will mention that when I get my brakes done next week ?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Anywho... hope this info is helpful.
Oh, that's helpful all right. I'm going to print out those notes when I go back and obviously I can push back my July service date and save the aggravation. I think maybe they were researching both the turbo and the transmission for official notes and you just got a copy. We all know it's a transmission noise, but some people have had more luck than others at convincing the service people of that. Congrats on getting the Sirius worked out too as I find that more annoying than the occasional noise.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
@PTown_Bronco Thank you for sharing. Since my service appointment is last week of July, I'm going to reschedule to early September to give Ford time to issue additional guidance. The first mechanic who rode along with me said it sounded transmission-related and not the turbo.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Hey Bronco fam--was wondering on people's opinions/advice. Ford offered to buy my BS in full, however, also offered me a cash/keep option where they kick some money over to me as a settlement for the problems/wait time I've experienced along with a 5 year/75,000 mile Premium CARE warranty. I initially wanted give the BS back but now I'm tempted to keep it. This is my first Ford/don't have any experience with their warranties or having to use an extended warranty--is it the better option to just keep the BS?
The largest issue you're going to have with a buy back is finding another BS or any other Ford product to replace it. With inventory so thin it's going to be tough to find a dealer willing to give up a vehicle they can sell for MSRP+ to Ford's RAV program.

If you like the vehicle other than the noise issue and that's the only problem you're having then maybe consider the cash and extended warranty.

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The largest issue you're going to have with a buy back is finding another BS or any other Ford product to replace it. With inventory so thin it's going to be tough to find a dealer willing to give up a vehicle they can sell for MSRP+ to Ford's RAV program.

If you like the vehicle other than the noise issue and that's the only problem you're having then maybe consider the cash and extended warranty.
Hi yes, I actually decided to accept Ford's settlement cash and extended warranty--so I'm keeping the BS. Have you had any further problems with yours now that the new transmission has been in for a bit?

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Hi yes, I actually decided to accept Ford's settlement cash and extended warranty--so I'm keeping the BS. Have you had any further problems with yours now that the new transmission has been in for a bit?
There is that little bit of low speed noise that's still kinda there. That could well be that park release cable(?) as per PT_Town's earlier posts. They replaced the park release cable but it could have been with one with same design defect. The transmission replacement fixed the grinding/whirring/hard drive noise. That clearly was not the park release cable - completely separate issue.

M225

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I have a 2.0 EB in wife's now daughter's 2013 Escape with 190k on it. It makes no such noises. Same with the 2.7 EB in my 2018 F150.
You need to try another a dealer and/or call Ford customer service in regards to the dealer who said they would charge you to investigate a potentially warrantable issue. I've never heard of such a thing.
When was your build date? It seems many are having this issue with builds mid/late March into early April.
Is there a way to see what build month is? If i bought it off the lot and didnt order it?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Is there a way to see what build month is? If i bought it off the lot and didnt order it?
If you have a Monroney, it's at the bottom. If you don't have that, the month/year is on the door plate where you find tire pressure and GVWR type stuff.

M225

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
If you have a Monroney, it's at the bottom. If you don't have that, the month/year is on the door plate where you find tire pressure and GVWR type stuff.
Thanks, looks like its 2/24.

IO_Engineer

Big Bend
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport and ford mustand
Wife and I bought BS with I3 tubro. When ford say rattle under low load. Do they mean it. I'm a 20 year field experience mechanic with my degree from wyotech. I have no idea you make a turbo sound like like a water pump/bad AC pulley rattle. It sounds like front drive train noise on a normal engine it was constant.

We never heard it on the test drive and now it's there all the time under low load or coasting. 1500 miles on the bronco now.

Honest i about jump out my seat when i coming from a 65 to cruise at constant 35 mph. You have to turn the radio or it will sound awful.

Beyond that at 8000ft basin in colorado we are getting 34.4 mpg which is impressive.

avinoz

Outer Banks
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Does anyone have issues with the plastic making rattles and creaking noises? Mine has 200 miles and it and I'm going crazy already. The dealership is saying it's normal chassis transfer. I hear them (several sounds) every small bump on the road.
Sponsored