On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I tried to get the noise on video today, you may need to turn up the volume. It sounds much louder in person.... It happens only after I've been driving at a higher rate of speed for a while, and then slow down and drive around a parking lot (for example). It will stop after a bit o

f slow driving and never does it when first starting and driving slow. I can't hear it outside the car, only inside so far, like it's right behind the driver side dash. So, whaddya think, is this noise normal?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I tried to get the noise on video today, you may need to turn up the volume. It sounds much louder in person.... It happens only after I've been driving at a higher rate of speed for a while, and then slow down and drive around a parking lot (for example). It will stop after a bit o

f slow driving and never does it when first starting and driving slow. I can't hear it outside the car, only inside so far, like it's right behind the driver side dash. So, whaddya think, is this noise normal?
I should note it's a BL+BL.

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Yes! This is the exact same sound I am hearing also!
i am taking it to a different dealer this Wednesday for a test drive with me to hear it. The first one I took it to thought it was a loose cable near the firewall. But that did not fix it.
This is not a normal noise!

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Yes! This is the exact same sound I am hearing also!
i am taking it to a different dealer this Wednesday for a test drive with me to hear it. The first one I took it to thought it was a loose cable near the firewall. But that did not fix it.
This is not a normal noise!
Let me know what you find out. I'm out of town right now and not likely to be able to get it to the dealer anytime soon. Thx!

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Bandlands package? Just a guess, but could that possibly be the fake V8 engine noise that plays through the speakers?
Yes, it's a BL. I really don't think that's it, if so, it's malfunctioning...

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Sounds like Turbo breather noise. I think on the Bronco Sport 2.0 it's located at the left rear of the engine. I wheeze also after a hard run...
(might not be called a breather)

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
My wife's BB+BB has the exact same noise. Only at low "parking lot" speeds at around 1500 rpm or so. She has about 600 or miles on it.
Interesting it's being heard with the BL with the 2.0. I was thinking it was maybe a characteristic of the 1.5 I3. Apparently happening with the 2.0 as well. Leads me to think it's not an engine issue as the 2.0 and 1.5 are very different.

Anyone else with same issue?

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
W
Did they find anything?
Well, I took it in yesterday and they listened to it.
I noticed it does it even when you are sitting still and change it from park to drive. That rattling clicking noise.
at first they said to drive it until my first oil change and see if it’s still happening. It’s not going to go away, and it’s annoying to hear that all the time.
They said they would have to start tearing it apart to see if they can find it. Most likely something to do with the complicated things electronic system. If I can find something else to drive, I will take it in next Tuesday and leave it. There are a million people waiting on a loaner car to be available. Not a good sign when so many Fords are needing to be serviced like that. I will keep you posted

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
W

Well, I took it in yesterday and they listened to it.
I noticed it does it even when you are sitting still and change it from park to drive. That rattling clicking noise.
at first they said to drive it until my first oil change and see if it’s still happening. It’s not going to go away, and it’s annoying to hear that all the time.
They said they would have to start tearing it apart to see if they can find it. Most likely something to do with the complicated things electronic system. If I can find something else to drive, I will take it in next Tuesday and leave it. There are a million people waiting on a loaner car to be available. Not a good sign when so many Fords are needing to be serviced like that. I will keep you posted
I just took mine on a long road trip and now that I've got nearly 1500 miles on it I haven't noticed the noise recently... There may be something to the service tech's theory to wait.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Thanks for the update. We’re taking ours in next week Friday.

It’s only occurring at ~10mph @ +/-1500rpm. Probably not something to be overly concerned about at the same time probably worth having them take a look. If it’s a common issue Ford will issue a TSB at some point. Almost 1000mi on it now and no other problems have developed.

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Thanks for the update. We’re taking ours in next week Friday.

It’s only occurring at ~10mph @ +/-1500rpm. Probably not something to be overly concerned about at the same time probably worth having them take a look. If it’s a common issue Ford will issue a TSB at some point. Almost 1000mi on it now and no other problems have developed.
Yes, at low speeds. even though it “might” not be a “dangerous “issue, it’s a new car and I’ve never heard anything like it in any other car.
Just 1,000 on mine too, no other problems.

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport First Edition
I have the same noise at 4,000, had an oil change at 3100, should I take it to the dealer I bought it at or the one i get services at?
Sponsored