On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Bro I’m telling you it’s that shift cable, once they tighten it you’ll be good to go. I posted what my dealer have me earlier in the thread.
How do you tighten it up? I know how to replace it
Sponsored

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Has anyone posted up videos or instructions on how to replace the cable yet?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
How do you tighten it up? I know how to replace it
I wish I knew brother. I took it to the dealer and that’s what they put on the paperwork that they did. I posted it earlier in this thread.

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wish I knew brother. I took it to the dealer and that’s what they put on the paperwork that they did. I posted it earlier in this thread.
No prob I took the cable off and it’s pretty quiet now so that cable was acting as a pipeline for noise right to the cab.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No prob I took the cable off and it’s pretty quiet now so that cable was acting as a pipeline for noise right to the cab.
Good to know. So it just can be removed and the car can function normally? Is it that park release cable?

• Wow
Reactions: Jrl

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Sure can! I’ll be installing the new cable style cable soon but the vehicle functions perfect without.
Only reason for that cable is it allows you to put the vehicle in neutral if it needs to be towed and that battery is dead it’s a manual override to put in neutral

—- You can actually put in neutral
Without the cable with your hand on the lever on the transmission , you can pop into neutral manually with your hand moving the lever on the transmission but better to have the cable installed. I’m just enjoying no noise now
[/QUOTE]

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Sure can! I’ll be installing the new cable style cable soon but the vehicle functions perfect without.
Only reason for that cable is it allows you to put the vehicle in neutral if it needs to be towed and that battery is dead it’s a manual override to put in neutral

—- You can actually put in neutral
Without the cable with your hand on the lever on the transmission , you can pop into neutral manually with your hand moving the lever on the transmission but better to have the cable installed. I’m just enjoying no noise now

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 BS BB. Noticed right away the same noises you all have heard. Ford says it was an air valve and relaxes that a week ago. That made the noise worse. It’s back at the shop now and they said it’s some oil separator now. I do t think it’s either. It’s something with the transmission. Second time for same issue and will update when I get it back today. Pretty sure I will be leaving it again. They keep telling me the car isn’t showing or throwing codes so they can’t determine what’s wrong 😑 But hear the noise. Someone here mentioned a pressure test on the transmission and I’ve mentioned it to the dealer. My BB only had about 300 miles on it…. Little annoyed.
Them telling you that it's hard to determine what is wrong if the car isn't throwing codes sounds like a lazy answer to me. Cars can have lots of issues that don't throw codes, as there are not sensors on every single part monitoring whether or not everything is working properly. There are lots of sensors nowadays in cars, but not everywhere, and even the codes don't always lead directly to an answer. They should know this and should be more determined to figure it out for you.

I hope you keep pushing them, and I hope they don't blow you off. If they're making excuses and have a lack of willingness due to their lack of knowledge or experience with the vehicle (even a newer one), then they're in the wrong business. They should know the risks and challenges of selling and servicing new cars. I really hope they figure it out for you and don't leave you in the lurch. It would be unacceptable for them to give up. Best of luck to you!

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 BS BB. Noticed right away the same noises you all have heard. Ford says it was an air valve and relaxes that a week ago. That made the noise worse. It’s back at the shop now and they said it’s some oil separator now. I do t think it’s either. It’s something with the transmission. Second time for same issue and will update when I get it back today. Pretty sure I will be leaving it again. They keep telling me the car isn’t showing or throwing codes so they can’t determine what’s wrong 😑 But hear the noise. Someone here mentioned a pressure test on the transmission and I’ve mentioned it to the dealer. My BB only had about 300 miles on it…. Little annoyed.
replace the park release cable with the Ford re-engineered one. It’s not expensive

loyalone

Base
First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
This is exactly what the ford consultant informed me that he will replace a sensor cable related to the shifter, 15 days to arrive the cable, as soon as it is replaced I will post more information
wonder if this is the noise I am hearing as well - we all have to dump these broncos before the warranty expires. Ford has a lot of issues with these, and I know firsthand only 1000 miles and all sorts or noises and performance issues. Terrible and sad. I feel like I got shafted here! My dealership seems to care less - I'll just say they claim to be a Long Island Giant - Giant bunch of folks that don’t stand behind their product - were all crazy and hear random noises generated from our minds only when driving a Bronco.

Deleted member 6961

It’s a bummer we’re left to try to understand the clicking, crunching and grinding on our own and fiddle with cables. Doesn’t messing with cables on our own void the warranty?

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
wonder if this is the noise I am hearing as well - we all have to dump these broncos before the warranty expires. Ford has a lot of issues with these, and I know firsthand only 1000 miles and all sorts or noises and performance issues. Terrible and sad. I feel like I got shafted here! My dealership seems to care less - I'll just say they claim to be a Long Island Giant - Giant bunch of folks that don’t stand behind their product - were all crazy and hear random noises generated from our minds only when driving a Bronco.
I have 3000 kms on it and running fine so far other than the noise I cured

knock on wood 🪵

I bought the full extended Ford factory warranty for 7 years total or 150,000 kms(95,000 miles)

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Whelp, well my 2022 BL just started making this noise (most like the noise from the video the OP summited).... 370 miles on the ODO.....low speed driving into my parking lot at work and it made that noise and honestly it startled me.....WTF is that noise I thought.

I did put it Sport mode on my way to work. What's also weird is my SYNC system completely crashed and would not allow any inputs.. I'm wondering if this is perhaps more an issue of the fake engine noise that's piped in (that's malfunctioning) while in sport mode? Specially with the SYNC issue that happened at the same time......

Are there any new TSB's that you guys know about since I have the supposed updated cables....
Sponsored