Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
Got my Base model Saturday before Christmas and now at only a bit over 340 miles I figured I'd talk about it from a guy's point of view who grew up sitting on the fender, feet down Inside the wheel well changing points In my 1969 Chevy Impala 4 door with the 327 V-8. We all carried a spare set In the glove box.

*The Infotainment thing,
I was not even aware of that term before this Bronco.
It's pretty cool but I should be able to re-program it. I like The graphic start up with the bucking bronco and all that but the dang lawyers just had to get their 2 cents in with that notice at start up, It says bla bla bla I refuse to read it and don't click ok anymore as It goes away anyways.
That Should NOT be there.
Over all I really like that thing, It's a nice piece of tech.

My Only gripe is It should fold down or drop below the dash line and stay OFF !
In normal use after the new wears off I could live without that most of the time.
I am already clicking the button twice during warmup so it goes black. I still like having it.
It should have popped up only on command like the Gun sight on the Star Ship Enterprise :p

Nuffa that but remember I fixed my first check engine light In my 1996 Jeep by covering it up with electrical tape when I learned that fixing the problem was gonna hit $1600. The light came on at 140,000 miles and stayed on till It died at 394,000 miles. ( I wore out the crank bearings and that blew the rear mains ) The AMC straight six designed in 1957 and converted to EFI some time later never ran bad or lost mpg's right up till death.
Check engine light, Pfft useless.

*The Engine,
1.5L Turbo, I Really Really Like this Motor,
Plenty of power, smooth to me, wide power band covering all the tach I will ever need to use.
I'm past needing to be first off the light and am not a look at me person.
The Sport setting is fun and the GOAT Modes this Base model has are perfect for my needs.
Average mpg's at this time 27.4, I suspect It will go up some as It breaks In, say at 5,000 miles.

*27.4 mpg's,
I'm never In any real traffic and no Interstates near me. Lots of Hills and my climbs to my cabin. I'd call it 65% at 60 mph with the rest being In my small town and a few 500 - 1,000 foot climbs with lots n lots of curvy roads.

My 2004 AWD Escape' was the only year to have the 4X4 switch on the dash that locks power to both the front AND rear axle and has nothing on the gravel climbing abilities of my BS.
That switch option was discontinued after one year because leaving it engaged on pavement or past 40 mph was a quick death to the rotary blade coupler thing I think.

*The ride, the body and Ford quality.
This is my fifth Ford so I'm biased so nothing more needs to be said right ? well ok.
The cabin Is roomy,
It's a very quiet ride,
Seats are great,
Visibility is fine,
The doors are tight and I'm sure will stay that way.

*The Value
I got my money's worth,
FORD This thing should be compared to the Range rover at $50,000 not the others.
I looked at five of the 'Others' Three were not worth a test drive, One was way over priced.
No I will not name them.

*Expectations.
It's not the Big Bronco, I did not need the Big Bronco.
It was the right SUV for me.
I can climb my 14% grade loose gravel roads just fine and the slick red clay sections are not a problem.
I've already had it out on snow covered roads and am happy.
Thanks Ford, From a loyal repeat customer.
I wonder what my Sixth Ford will be ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
Nice review and would pretty mirror my opinion, but I think above all else in your review, I am most interested in living where you live LOL!!!
No traffic or highways???? I’m there!!!! ?

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
Nice review and would pretty mirror my opinion, but I think above all else in your review, I am most interested in living where you live LOL!!!
No traffic or highways???? I’m there!!!! ?
Yeah that's why I'm hitting 27 plus mpg's. Now that the engine feels broken in and I'm using more power I've settled in at 26.1 for an avg mph.
That includes more idling at warm up on these cold mornings.
Sponsored