Oil pressure switch

Kathy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi everyone. I’m new here. Just a heads up,
I bought my BS on May 21st and a month later had to replace the windshield.. Now this happened.. on Tuesday, Nov 2nd, I had no warning and everything seemed to be fine. My daughter called me up and told me there was a huge oil spot in the driveway and to check my car. Sure enough there was a puddle of oil under it. I had it towed to the dealer and they said it was the oil pressure switch and replaced it. I’m beginning to wonder if I made a good choice to purchase this vehicle. It has 15k miles on it and I absolutely love the way it looks and rides but I’m not sure about it now.

View attachment 16231

Ford Bronco Sport Oil pressure switch 0EFDA3C9-A0F6-4BF2-9108-9790814DD3EA

Ford Bronco Sport Oil pressure switch 5D9E0C98-C932-4D4E-9468-DE02AEFE7296

Ford Bronco Sport Oil pressure switch 68609384-5CF1-4D4A-A0AC-A397099F3BE8
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
An oil pressure switch is definitely a minor repair. I'm puzzled why you think you should sell your BS for something this trivial. Machines wear out, break and sometimes have faulty parts. Those oil puddles in your garage were definitely a warning. You had warnings, you ignored them. Get it fixed and enjoy your BS!

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Every car, motorcycle, truck, etc. company on the face of the earth has things like this happen.
Pretty minor and sounds like Ford took care of it, as they have done for mostly every little issue I’ve ran into.
if you’re having doubts go sell it, Carvana is selling used big bends for 37K. Go cash in.

OP
OP

Kathy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
An oil pressure switch is definitely a minor repair. I'm puzzled why you think you should sell your BS for something this trivial. Machines wear out, break and sometimes have faulty parts. Those oil puddles in your garage were definitely a warning. You had warnings, you ignored them. Get it fixed and enjoy your BS!
As I stated above there was NO warning.. those oil stains are the only stains… as for selling my BS I was just wondering after reading some of the things that’s been happening to them. I know they have kinks to work out but I don’t want my transmission or anything major to go like I have read. Trust me… I’ve been enjoying it.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I bought my BS on May 21st and a month later had to replace the windshield.. Now this happened.. on Tuesday, Nov 2nd, I had no warning and everything seemed to be fine. My daughter called me up and told me there was a huge oil spot in the driveway and to check my car. Sure enough there was a puddle of oil under it. I had it towed to the dealer and they said it was the oil pressure switch and replaced it. I’m beginning to wonder if I made a good choice to purchase this vehicle. It has 15k miles on it and I absolutely love the way it looks and rides but I’m not sure about it now.

View attachment 16231

You did not say why you had to replace the windshield. Flying rock cracked? If that is the case, that is just bad luck. FJ Cruisers go through windshields like water. You build it into the budget. Not a car “issue”, just A more upright window.

New cars like anything else can have small things that go wrong. Half a million oil switches go to a manufacturer and some will eventually fail. Just like computer chips. Taking that to a potential transmission failing is a big leap.

And you said your car had 15,000 miles on it.

IMHO a windshield (unknown why you had to replace) and an oil switch that fails at 15,000 miles are nothing that would cause me to question the car as a whole.

New car warranty’s exist because it is inherent that parts may go bad in those first few years in any car.

Last edited:

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
You need to buy daughter a nice dinner.
Sounds like she has "attention to detail". If you would have been in traffic and didn't pay attention to low oil pressure light, could have been much worse.
OP switch is one of many parts in your vehicle. Any could fail.
Back in the day, I bought a new 1970 Buick Skylark GS. While showing it off, noticed oil under it. OP switch was leaking. Less than 100 miles on it. Had towed to dealer, switch was replaced under warranty.
Stuff happens.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

View attachment 16231

Good afternoon, Kathy! Can you send us a private message with your VIN? We will look further into this for you.
Sponsored