ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Had an absolute blast this weekend taking my Area 51 Outer Banks off roading at Hollerwood Park in Red River Gorge Ky. Wanted to share some pics/videos from the trip and my thoughts on how the Bronco Sport performed.

I have a stock suspension and all season tires, and I'm a novice to off roading so keep that in mind. Went out with a Jeep guide and my friend who has a 2016 Grand Cherokee.

The OB took everything that was thrown at it. Hill climbs, descents, riding in streams, straddling ruts, climbing out of streams, muddy terrain, etc. The main thing that limited me was the 7 inches of ground clearance. Having that extra inch on the badlands would help alot. (The Grand Cherokee had an air ride suspension that put it up to 12 in ground clearance, so any comparison of performance isnt super valid).

Looking forward to more adventures in my Bronco Sport!

Ford Bronco Sport Off Roading with Bronco Sport OB in Red River Gorge, KY C62A2069-5F77-400C-BD2A-2E66F2F21D9D

Ford Bronco Sport Off Roading with Bronco Sport OB in Red River Gorge, KY C3F8BFBD-9CA7-4B7F-8F60-0F4EE05A6458

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘98 Jeep Grand Cherokee
For some reason, the videos don't play embed but they do work if you download them. Looks like it was a fun bit of trail!

LilKim

Badlands
First Name
LilKim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport BL
BL offroading in Cashes Valley (GA) can't believe we crossed those creeks!

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
BL offroading in Cashes Valley (GA) can't believe we crossed those creeks!
Is this a BL or an OB. I thought this post was about the OB and similar relevance?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Is this a BL or an OB. I thought this post was about the OB and similar relevance?
I see Badlands badges on the doors of the black one going through deep water. What about ECU being 15 inches off the ground in wheel well? Dunk ECU under water?

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I see Badlands badges on the doors of the black one going through deep water. What about ECU being 15 inches off the ground in wheel well? Dunk ECU under water?
That is exactly what I was wondering.
Sponsored