Off road protection available yet? Rock rails / sliders / skid plates?

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone seen any rock rails/sliders?
Any underbody protection. Shouldn't we be able to get the OEM parts "bash plates"
Sponsored

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang Convertible; 1986 Suzuki Jimny

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
The factory bash plates seem very good for the oil pan and gas tank. The bumper and radiator are vulnerable though. The plate doesnā€™t wrap upward at all. Iā€™d hold off for now on the badlands front plate. There should be aftermarket options soon, or used ones from those of us who upgrade.

4wheelparts is supposedly coming out with a skid plate and rock rails in late June.

Opt Off Road is working on a skid plate among other things. @opt.bronco on Instagram

@FordBroncoLifts is also working on a skid plate.

Also heard mixed things about rocky road outfitters working on stuff.

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Great news, canā€™t wait to see options on a front skid plate and rock rails. I've riden some rocky trails, but not comfortable pushing any further without these.

I saw somewhere that eibach was working on a suspension kit which could be interesting as well.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
somebody else posted these links:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/engine-compartment-splash-shield-13359241-1#sectionId:324047839

and

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/sheet-metal-under-body/deflector-13287127-1

I am looking for the same thing- doesn't seem like anybody has had the courage to buy those yet.
Engine Compartment Splash Shield | FordUS This part does not match your vehicle. Used the VIN for my BS BL
Deflector | FordUS This part does not match your vehicle. Used the VIN for my BS BL

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Engine Compartment Splash Shield | FordUS This part does not match your vehicle. Used the VIN for my BS BL
Deflector | FordUS This part does not match your vehicle. Used the VIN for my BS BL
Yeah, also the fact that itā€™s only two pounds. Would guess the alloy one weighs at least four.

The fuel tank skid plates are available. 15 lbs of steel for each one. $425 for the pair though, plus maybe some extra hardware. I imagine a better price will be possible eventually though. Everything is expensive on that site.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/plate-13284645-1#sectionId:324047516

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/plate-13291961-1#sectionId:324047516

Siciliano

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang Convertible; 1986 Suzuki Jimny
The price of those , I would bet are the synthetic replacement ones that we have already .
I think those are definitely a placebo when it comes to off-roading, I guess they just help with aerodynamics or water?

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Definitely looking forward to some good skid plates.
Still considering making my own.
Could use the engine splash guard as a template on some plate steel. Some square stock for rocker guards which looks like it would mount easily into the channel that has holes already there.
And then I saw this,

Ford Bronco Sport Off road protection available yet? Rock rails / sliders / skid plates? 20210523_171137

As if it was designed for it, the rear diff has points front and rear, going through each half of the casing that would be perfect for a bent piece of 1/8" plate with a couple of mounting brackets welded on... or I could just wait for the aftermarket stuff...

Thoughts?

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
As if it was designed for it, the rear diff has points front and rear, going through each half of the casing that would be perfect for a bent piece of 1/8" plate with a couple of mounting brackets welded on... or I could just wait for the aftermarket stuff...

Thoughts?
The diff seems pretty tucked out of the way to me, seems lower priority compared to front skid plate and rock rails/sliders. Easier to make something for though.

OP
OP
GoatsyBanks

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The diff seems pretty tucked out of the way to me, seems lower priority compared to front skid plate and rock rails/sliders. Easier to make something for though.
Agreed... But cracking that thing open would make for a bad day. Lol