Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
What can I expect from the Pirelli Scorpions OEM for total mileage, mpg, resistance to puncture and foreign objects, sidewall strength, all weather in rain and snow. Will I be slipping and sliding in snow or will the stock tires handle snow weather conditions on the pavement? From the videos I have seen the Scorpions donā€™t look great off road in the dirt, they lack the traction?
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Swapped out mine in December mainly due to snow handling concerns. Otherwise I would've kept them. Depends on where you at I guess.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
They're actually pretty quiet and comfortable, haven't taken em off road yet. I'm going to be swapping them to my '08 Mariner which uses the same size tire as they're a decent upgrade over my worn out scorpion Verde all seasons on it, and I'm either going with with the Cooper AT3 4S or the Conti TerrainContact A/T, snow is not a concern of mine in TX though.

gundamman

Badlands
First Name
vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco sport
I know this is a year old but I have a 22 Badlands 225 65r17 Pirelli scorpions and my tread is at 5/32 at 10k miles. Not sure what it was my fronts. Rears down to 6/32. I have never ever had a tire get down that low that rapidly, and I have run some v rated tires back in the day.

OP
OP
Desert Bronco.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to rotate the tires every 5-10k miles. I got 22k miles and I was roughly half way through. Get your front aligned if itā€™s not wearing evenly and check the pressure.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
We dumped this tire on purchase when i bought my 2014 F150 FX4.....just saying....

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I havenā€™t used an oem tire setup in 15 years. Soon as I buy a vehicle I change the tires. Usually I sell back to dealer at vehicle purchase. But no one wanted the oem tires. Even the used tire place by me had no interest in them. I have 5 new tires including the spare with the oem wheels in storage.
But to answer, most seem to get 15-30k depending. Some more, some less.
Pirelli really only makes good high end tires. Their passenger stuff not so much.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@gundamman, Desert Bronco is spot on, front wheel drive vehicles wear the front tires faster with engine weight and turning. Front end adjustment plays a factor as well. With all things considered, factory application tires do wear faster then aftermarket. Rotations every 5-8k are done free of charge at your local Discount Tire. Balance would be the only charge for OEM tires.

OP
OP
Desert Bronco.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other point to make is the OEM tires weigh 25lbs each. Ford speced those tires for improved gas mileage. I wouldnā€™t see a reason to replace the OEM tires with the same tires. Unless you were getting takeoffs and paying less than $50 a tire. So $100-200 for a set. I was pretty dissatisfied with tge scorpions tires after I made the jump to Michelin/BFG.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
It doesn't help with vehicles on the lot, but the optional A/T tires are around $550 +/- if you order a BS. That puts a true A/T tire on the vehicle and it's the Falken Wildpeak A/T, which is a really good tire for both performance and wear.

Again, doesn't help with vehicles on the lot, but for the tire-conscious folks who are ordering, this is a cost-effective way to get good tires on the BS from the factory.

medhat

Badlands
First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
The Pirellis came on our ā€˜21 Badlands and are more than ready for replacement at 33k. Truthfully they did the job, conditions from Colorado Rockies snow to mild trails without issue. Switching to Falkens in a few weeks (235s) in honesty for the looks and presumed improved snow performance, but anticipating a hit in gas mileage.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
They are more than adequate for general driving. I havenā€™t experienced any issues with the set on my Badlands so far (8,000 miles).

I do use Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2s in winter, though. Thereā€™s no substitution for a real winter tire.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Adam CW that's a smart practice, tires are a product of compromise. Having a dedicated snow tire is your best bet if you live in snow regions. Storing the tires however may not be convenient. Contact a Discount Tire store near you to see if they offer the Tire Hotel. A convenient way to store your snow tires through Discount Tire. :like:

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
This was one of my points
on another thread I posted. Falken, bfg and toyo all make tires for the stock sizes 225 & 235. Why put them on in first place. If you read threads in tire section, a majority of first mods is new tires

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
They are more than adequate for general driving. I havenā€™t experienced any issues with the set on my Badlands so far (8,000 miles).

I do use Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2s in winter, though. Thereā€™s no substitution for a real winter tire.
Yes i have used the Blizzak DMV2 in the past, excellent tire, purchased the Michelin X-Ice SUV for this coming winter they are a highly rated tire as well. Winter calls for a true winter tire, softer rubber and all. I will store my Falkens for the winter.
Sponsored