First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Hello all,

My wife has had her First Edition for a couple of months now, and we noticed that any bump you hit would result in a loud, annoying rattle. It took me a few days but I finally found the problem - the front cross bar on the roof rack is loose and banging around.

I used the supplied wrench and double-checked but the bolts in both sides are as tight as can be, but it still moves and rattles. I did a search about a week ago, found a similar complaint and the solution was to "add washers." I was in a hurry, closed the tab and can no longer find the post.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what the fix was? What type of washers are needed and where do they go? Thanks.
Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello all,

My wife has had her First Edition for a couple of months now, and we noticed that any bump you hit would result in a loud, annoying rattle. It took me a few days but I finally found the problem - the front cross bar on the roof rack is loose and banging around.

I used the supplied wrench and double-checked but the bolts in both sides are as tight as can be, but it still moves and rattles. I did a search about a week ago, found a similar complaint and the solution was to "add washers." I was in a hurry, closed the tab and can no longer find the post.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what the fix was? What type of washers are needed and where do they go? Thanks.
Just take the bolt off and go into home depot and figure out which one fits. You just put them on the bolt before you tighten it. I'm sure rubber or metal will work.

The other option to try would be to get the same bolt, but shorter. Again just bring the bolt into home depot and find a shorter version.

OP
OP

Fronzizzle

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Well...

I took the cross bar off & found the problem. See the attached pictures - notice anything different between the sides? There are no bolts on the driver side. How does this happen???

Ford Bronco Sport OEM Cross Bars Rattle - Fix? DriverSide

Ford Bronco Sport OEM Cross Bars Rattle - Fix? PassengerSide
Sponsored