Nudge Bar and Fender flares recommendations?

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I am looking at finalizing a 2022 Bronco Sport BadLands.

1) What do you all recommend for the fender flares? OEM, Rough Country ($249.95), or Bushwacker *$449.10)?
2) I want to get a front nudge bar but saw the fine print that from RoughCountry that it "Does NOT work with vehicles equipped with factory tow hooks." Can those simply be removed and the bar be inserted in it's place?
3) I'd like to install a top rack LED light strip. We want to get the moon roof. Would the LED light be in the way of the moon roof? https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-sport-40in-roof-rack-led-kit-71039.html?find=2022-ford-bronco-sport-4wd-856087

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Ask RC about the fitment of the light bar and nudge bar. I would get the moonroof. I have it and love it.

As for removing the tow hooks, I don't think that's very easy. You'll have to remove the front bumper/grill which is pretty involved. Then unbolt the two bolts on top of the hooks and then unscrew them. You would also remove a very important recovery option on the Badlands by doing that. The nudge bar can't be used for recovery at all. And you would be left with having to use suspension components for recovery as there's no front tow hook option I don't think.

But ask RC if you can keep the recovery hooks and install their nudge bar. I believe someone on here did it by grinding down something on the nudge bar.

Regarding flares, I think you should only get flares if you need them, i.e. you plan to run aggressive spacers or modify the pinch welds/fender liners and install 32s with aftermarket rims with a more aggressive offset. Otherwise you truck will be a lot wider than your wheels. As for the look, get the ones you like.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands

This should give you an idea of the clearance. It's tight for that light bar.

OP
OP
CrazyKZ

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thank you for your comments and video! Yes, it does look tight, but looks like it would fit as long as it can be mounted forward all the way. I just didn't want to have it interfere too much when looking out of the moonroof looking out.

As for the tow hooks, only the BL has hooks. There must be a different way that the lower models are able to be towed with out them, so I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a problem. I would have someone install those for me anyway. You'd think that Ford would have made a way to accommodate for a nudge bar with the hooks since a good number or people install one.

On the flares, I can't tell if one company is smooth finish and one has a gritty look to it. Anyone who has one of each able to comment? There's a large cost comparison between Rough Country and Bushwacker. It is worth the increase in price.
I actually DO love the wheel flare look and they do not stick out that much. It helps it look more aggressive and not like a car. :) The full-size Bronco flares are of course huge!

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Thank you for your comments and video! Yes, it does look tight, but looks like it would fit as long as it can be mounted forward all the way. I just didn't want to have it interfere too much when looking out of the moonroof looking out.

As for the tow hooks, only the BL has hooks. There must be a different way that the lower models are able to be towed with out them, so I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a problem. I would have someone install those for me anyway. You'd think that Ford would have made a way to accommodate for a nudge bar with the hooks since a good number or people install one.

On the flares, I can't tell if one company is smooth finish and one has a gritty look to it. Anyone who has one of each able to comment? There's a large cost comparison between Rough Country and Bushwacker. It is worth the increase in price.
I actually DO love the wheel flare look and they do not stick out that much. It helps it look more aggressive and not like a car. :) The full-size Bronco flares are of course huge!
Check out the airdesign flares, have them on mine and they look factory.

Ford Bronco Sport Nudge Bar and Fender flares recommendations? 20220712_194936

OP
OP
CrazyKZ

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Check out the airdesign flares, have them on mine and they look factory.

Ford Bronco Sport Nudge Bar and Fender flares recommendations? 20220712_194936
So, what I'm looking for is something more like this from Rough Country with the rivets.

BTW, I do love the hood scoop though!

Ford Bronco Sport Nudge Bar and Fender flares recommendations? RoughCountry

LuvPup210

Big Bend
First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We put on the RC Fender Flares you linked in your post. Price was right and easy to install. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars because they don't extend all the way down as the ones I saw at the dealership (maybe OEM?)
Ford Bronco Sport Nudge Bar and Fender flares recommendations? Side_View

OP
OP
CrazyKZ

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Looks awesome though! BushWacker is about double the cost.
Sponsored