rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
How about this F-150 in 3:03 in this video? $193K!

Last edited:

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
It’s been awhile, but last year I saw an F150 crew cab 4x4 on the lot down the road from me. It was lifted, and had tires/wheels/and some other mods. Stickered w/dealer markup for $102,000 plus tx and lic. Can’’t say it sold for that, but was gone from the lot quickly.
In my mind, only a “youngster” would have wanted it, and I can’t see how they could afford it — but I’ll bet some outfit financed it, figuring to repo it soon and resell!

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'm truly astonished at how many of these things they sell. Who has this much excess money?
Not me that's for sure that's why i'm driving a BB BS.I was just looking around after having them look at my Moms 2010 Escape with less than 30,000 miles on it that we had up For Sale since she doesn't drive any more she will be 82 on Friday.They ended up offering a decent price and said we will buy it today so we Sold it.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm truly astonished at how many of these things they sell. Who has this much excess money?
Not me...

I already have one money pit that uses space in the garage.

ledge

Big Bend
First Name
ledge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
This dude makes a mountain out of a mole hill. These vehicles have complex engineering.. Of course you will have some minor recalls. Better to realize a problem and issue a recall. I have the recall no big deal. I think reprogramping the PCM to detect low pressure is a good fix. The engineers are only human and yes we mistakes and realize when production starts there might be something that turns up. I’m very happy with my BB and enjoy driving it. If you can design better do it or as my Dad would say if not shut up.

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I like the concept of a thread called "NOT A SPORT BUT" for suggesting other vehicles BS owners might also like.

Here's one not available in the USA, but similar styling as Bronco Sport, and apparently a real offroad beast (popular for muddy, sandy overlanding trips in Africa, for example):

Suzuki Jimny 5-Door
Ford Bronco Sport NOT A SPORT BUT. 1000006944

https://gearjunkie.com/motors/2023-suzuki-jimny-five-door

benbcholms

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I've always wanted a Jimny...

I've been in a 1986 Samurai and fell in love with it.

Seeing the Jimny get better and better from afar makes me even more jealous of the rest of world.

Mexico has em and has been really tempting to visit just to drive one.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Good question.

Pre-internet, I used to read the Washington Post. They had a weekly section about cars. They would focus on one year and one model. Say, a 1963 Chevy Impala. They'd list a) the president, b) the stock market level, and c) average family income (among other things).

I noticed that the average income was usually about double the price of the car. That was true for just about any year and any make & model -- aside from high-end luxury cars.

The current average family income in the U.S. is about $75,000. If the pattern I noticed has held, that would mean that the typical vehicle should cost ~$37,000.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I wonder what that guy really thinks about Ford... :wink:

I wasn't expecting all that.
What he really thinks is how much money he can make producing vids such as this. I would agree with pricing, but don't need vids like this to find that out.
Sponsored