No integrated map or navigation...wtf???

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I have cruise control never use it
I'm asking about adaptive cruise control. Because I don't understand what you're asking about navigation. What works when you rent a car? It's all confusing. But, specifically, do you have Adaptive Cruise Control in your car? That will answer a lot of questions.

Do you have any of these features on this screenshot? It doesn't sound like you have navigation, especially saying the thing about renting a car.

Ford Bronco Sport No integrated map or navigation...wtf??? Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.13.06ā€ÆPM

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is all I get, phone and oheart radio. I ve.dowloaded all the maps, none come over. Been to 2 different dealers, none can help me. Last year it worked great, when I rent a car, it works with.my phone
Ford Bronco Sport No integrated map or navigation...wtf??? 20230927_110253

[/QUOTE]
iHeartRadio (often shortened to just "iHeart") is an American free and premium (there is a charge for premium) broadcast, podcast and radio streaming platform. This likely is not the Navigation you referred to in your original post.

Just based on the screenshot of the 8ā€ Display you posted, it doesnā€™t show you have Nav. See the screenshot I posted with Fordā€™s Nav circled.

Now since you said you did have Nav on the vehicle at some point in time but you no longer have Nav, perhaps someone used CyanLabs to remove the Nav?

Ford Bronco Sport No integrated map or navigation...wtf??? 1696039913191

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Our 21 BS/BB does not have the factory navigation so when we go somewhere that we need directions to she will bring up navigation on her smart phone & plug it into one of the usb ports in the front of the console & the navigation comes up on the screen & works & plays through the speakers.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It had it when I bought the caršŸ˜”
Had what? Be specific. If you purchased a car with factory navigation you will see a tab at the bottom of your SYNC 3 screen called "Nav." You do not need to connect your phone to see a navigation screen if you have the factory navigation option. If your car doesn't include factory navigation you will not see the tab. The only way to view a navigation screen on SYNC 3 is to plug in your phone and activate Android Auto or Apple Car play.

Please tell us specifically what your problem is. There are two options here:
  • Are you saying the factory navigation tab disappeared from your SYNC 3 screen?
  • Are you saying you can no longer access Android Auto/Apple Carplay when your phone is connected?

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Wow, what a master-class in so many issues that are prevalent across so many threads here (and at other forums):

[...] which I assumed must be the map/navigation. This is unbelievable [...]
As others have pointed out, this is the issue. The ordering process is confusing and there are many ways to get it wrong. The 360 vs 360+ isn't always intuitive. There is also the added complexity of how the Badlands is not simply OB + additional stuff. BL = OB + some stuff - other stuff. Either way, the process must go beyond assumptions. When it doesn't, it sort of doesn't matter how confusing that other stuff was, you own the mistake based on your own assumptions.

My dealership said that [...] My dealership told me that [...]
One should never learn anything from a dealer or dealership. The dealership should be a transactional relationship only. Everything that a person needs to know to make informed decisions is available and easily accessible on the internet. Dealerships aren't recruiting their staff from Harvard and Yale. You don't want to learn from these people; you want to learn from more robust sources that allow you to corroborate information.

They lied to you. It was taken away as an option for dealer stock orders. It was reserved only for retail orders.
This is an unfortunate trend that pollutes almost every area of social media. Just because a person is inaccurate does not mean they lied to you. When the weatherman predicts rain and it remains dry, I do not shake my fist at the screen and shout, "You lied to me!" Lying is a pretty devious and serious offense ... and calling someone a liar is a harsh label, as it directly attacks their character and impugns their integrity.

As mentioned above, these folks aren't being recruited from Princeton. They are pretty average people, often new-ish in the job, who oversee every model and trim for a given product line, and often have multiple brands (Ford, Lincoln, Mazda). It's pretty easy for them to get such details wrong through ignorance, misunderstanding (FX4 on an F-150 is radically different than on an F-250), or through making assumptions.

When our first move is to assign malintent to interpret people's actions through a negative lens that assumes the worst, we really end up in a bad place overall. When I'm wrong, I would really like for people to see that as an honest mistake from a human being who is prone to errors, rather than immediately assuming that I had an intent to deceive or defraud (lie). Wouldn't we all want this grace applied to us when we're inaccurate about the things we say?

It had it when I bought the caršŸ˜”
After a few different posts asking for clarity, we get the pronoun game. What is it? We're not in your car, we're not in your head, we don't live your experience, and we don't know what you're talking about. Use your words.

Had what? Be specific. [...]
Mark said it more tactfully, but it's something we all need to do more of (myself included). Slow down and fill in the gaps.

It was an enlightening 5 pages that seemed to touch on a few of the primary issues that are ever-present in such forums. Fun stuff.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Reasons to want non-cell phone coverage are simple. No coverage, no nav.

Google nav is ok at best, Apple has lousy maps, and Waze is a joke. I donā€™t find it particularly helpful at all and while it is cute and cartoony, being dumped in the middle of the street when you approach your destination is less than ideal (unknown to me area and very busy and Waze decided we were there when we werenā€™t LOL) leaving us to have to pull over, park, and use apple maps.

As far as the rest goes, a Garmin nav system is better than any of the options out there anyways. Doing it again, that is what I would do.
Tried Waze through Apple CarPlay. Total fail. No difference Iā€™ve noticed between Google, Apple or the native Navigation.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Tried Waze through Apple CarPlay. Total fail. No difference Iā€™ve noticed between Google, Apple or the native Navigation.
Since Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps and Ford Nav are all ā€œNo differenceā€ there are AAA TripTik and Rand McNally Mapsā€¦ maybe those will make a difference?
Sponsored