TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hello all. I just found these forums and they look very informative so here I am.

I've had my Badlands for 2 weeks and I love it. I was looking for a vehicle more suitable for the PNW climate... offroading... beach driving... mountain trails... etc... and settled on the Bronco Sport. I went with the Badlands because the reviews said that's the trim to get for the upgraded engine and added offroad capabilities. I found this one brand new at a local dealership and it had all the options I was interested in... so I skipped ordering and bought from them. I love the color... it's perfect for the PNW and easy to take care of.

I've been driving a Dodge Challenger V8 for the last 8 years... this is my first ever Ford... first ever SUV... and this Bronco Sport reminds me a lot of the mid 1980's Bronco II that my Dad used to drive me around it.

Cheers!
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! I'm in Kingston and have had my BS Badlands for about 4 months. I've been all over (6000 miles in less than 4 months), and this thing is perfect for up here.

OP
OP
TravisPNW

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! I'm in Kingston and have had my BS Badlands for about 4 months. I've been all over (6000 miles in less than 4 months), and this thing is perfect for up here.
Hey thanks! Yeah that's what I was thinking too... the perfect vehicle for up here... and mine even came in the perfect color... Gray... 😂😂

I just hit 200 miles on mine after 2 weeks... my commute to work is very short... which is a good thing! Looking forward to many years of ownership!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
welcome, big change from a V8 Challenger haha. i bet the BS will be alot nice in the snow! have fun!

OP
OP
TravisPNW

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
welcome, big change from a V8 Challenger haha. i bet the BS will be alot nice in the snow! have fun!
You're not wrong. 😂

Challenger was always dead in the water when it came to snow and ice... one day I went to work and the weather was in the 40's... and it dropped below freezing with rain during the day and even though the roads were OK to get home once I got there I was stuck trying to make it up the gradual slope to my garage... nothing but back tires spinning. I had to go get hot water and melt a path to the garage. 😂😂

I don't anticipate these problems in the Bronco... and while it's definitely not a 485 hp V8 the 2.0L is very nice... especially in sport mode. :D

OP
OP
TravisPNW

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do not post pics, you do not own it. That’s rule #1 on this forum.

Also, give it a name.

Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 10
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 9
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 8
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 7
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 6
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 5
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 4
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 3
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 2
Ford Bronco Sport New to Ford... Hello from western Washington state 1

This is Charlene... the Gray Goddess. 😂😂😂

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello all. I just found these forums and they look very informative so here I am.

I've had my Badlands for 2 weeks and I love it. I was looking for a vehicle more suitable for the PNW climate... offroading... beach driving... mountain trails... etc... and settled on the Bronco Sport. I went with the Badlands because the reviews said that's the trim to get for the upgraded engine and added offroad capabilities. I found this one brand new at a local dealership and it had all the options I was interested in... so I skipped ordering and bought from them. I love the color... it's perfect for the PNW and easy to take care of.

I've been driving a Dodge Challenger V8 for the last 8 years... this is my first ever Ford... first ever SUV... and this Bronco Sport reminds me a lot of the mid 1980's Bronco II that my Dad used to drive me around it.

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! Hope you are loving being behind the wheel of your Bronco.

OP
OP
TravisPNW

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! Hope you are loving being behind the wheel of your Bronco.
I definitely am! 2 weeks into ownership and 225 miles on her... about to fill her up for the first time this weekend!

A great ride! Reminds me a lot of the Bronco II my Dad drove me around in back in the mid 1980's. Ford did a nice job with the retro look on both the Bronco and Bronco Sport. In today's world where every SUV looks the same Ford knocked it out of the park in bringing back the Bronco.

I love it and am looking forward to many on and off road Pacific Northwest adventures in my new Bronco Sport!
Sponsored