dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Man I thought I was set on getting 235/65/17s for my BS big bend. But I’m so intrigued by the 245s. I wonder if the 1.5L engine is up to the task
I hope the 1.5L is up to it. I'm having the dealer install Wildpeak A/T3W 245/65r17 on my Big Bend. I felt the same way, the 245's look so good in there.
Sponsored

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Where you able to hit the trail at all?
Yes I was. They are much better. No rubbing. I went through sand, mud, rocks, gravel, ruts, and in and out of washes. I had no problems when steering was locked and suspension compressed. It was sick. I aired down to 17 all the way around. It was my last time going here in Texas. Moving back to San Diego next week. But all in all, extra side wall made a huge difference.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Feel any difference in power? How is the MPG?
I don't have anything to compare them too, I had the dealer install them before I picked it up. Sorry.

I picked it up in Sept, drove it through the winter, put on about 10,000 miles. MPG I thought was low, 25-27mpg. Now with the warmer weather I can consistently get 28. Looking to hit the 30mpg mark but may not make it, as my full size Bronco is scheduled for production in June. I'll be trading in the BS.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I don't have anything to compare them too, I had the dealer install them before I picked it up. Sorry.

I picked it up in Sept, drove it through the winter, put on about 10,000 miles. MPG I thought was low, 25-27mpg. Now with the warmer weather I can consistently get 28. Looking to hit the 30mpg mark but may not make it, as my full size Bronco is scheduled for production in June. I'll be trading in the BS.
Congratulations on getting scheduled! You are getting it at Granger still?

ArtMonster88

Big Bend
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Thank you for the feedback

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Yes Granger is my dealer of choice. Been a long 2 years.
I know the feeling! I’m still a couple years out I’m afraid.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I know the feeling! I’m still a couple years out I’m afraid.
Are you with Granger? What's your reservation date?

I was totally surprised. Fourth day reservation. Actually moved my reservation from one dealer to Granger. 2-door MIC manual, kind of a unicorn build. Doing all the calculations etc, I figured I'd be summer 2023. Out of the blue Granger contacted me end of April last month said I have a VIN.

Getting the production date of 6/6 was exciting. Getting bumped is frustrating. So the roller coaster ride continues.

So, don't give up hope.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you with Granger? What's your reservation date?

I was totally surprised. Fourth day reservation. Actually moved my reservation from one dealer to Granger. 2-door MIC manual, kind of a unicorn build. Doing all the calculations etc, I figured I'd be summer 2023. Out of the blue Granger contacted me end of April last month said I have a VIN.

Getting the production date of 6/6 was exciting. Getting bumped is frustrating. So the roller coaster ride continues.

So, don't give up hope.
Yup, I’m an original Granger reservation but not until October 2020. I didn’t want a ‘21! Little did I know. My original reservation was a Big Bend but once I found out I could not get mid package with the 7sp, I upgraded to a Badlands then threw on high. Mainly for the cameras. 2 door Badlands with high and tow. Zach says things are moving along so we shall see. In any case, I’m pretty happy with the BS BL so I’m good for a few years. Recently went on a regional off rodeo with a 2 door Black Diamond with 7sp. Really liked it. I drove both of Grangers mannequin’s last summer.

you’ll really like it I’m sure.

Last edited:

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just got my new KO2s. Went 245/65r17. I go out on the trails every weekend so I’ll keep y’all posted on the rubbing concern.

Ford Bronco Sport NEW TIRES on BS Big Bend (Falken WildPeak A/T3W -- 245/65R17) 26FFF2E5-B005-4B57-ACE3-374A69E4A888
Hey BigBendBuck, any more intel on any rubbing off-road? Since your first comment that is...? Thanks!
Sponsored