First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Yeah....I check for Updates often. My understanding is SYNC3 is like any company equipment that requires firmware updates. FORD will always be sending out updates for various reasons- no matter when you buy your FORD. I have Transit Connect and Ranger also that require updates time from time.
If you are in the FORDPASS account , that will keep you informed about everything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Installed it earlier today off of USB too. Seems laggier to me. Other than that no issue I could detect.
A master reset could help with lagginess.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Lift gate not working anymore on my FE...use to be fine on all the other updates.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Lift gate not working anymore on my FE...use to be fine on all the other updates.
I'm confused, it's the lift gate manual on all trims?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm confused, it's the lift gate manual on all trims?
It is manual, but sometimes (depending on firmware) it will unlock with just a touch, just like front doors.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This has been discussed on previous threads.

To correct this issue, just use your key FOB to remotely unlock your lift gate. After doing this once, the lift gate should unlock without removing your key FOB from your pocket.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This kind of crap is what keeps me from updating.
I have never had this issue. The latch should not be dependant upon Sync versions. I would think something else is happening with the vehicle.

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
I have never had this issue. The latch should not be dependant upon Sync versions. I would think something else is happening with the vehicle.
There are settings for door lock behavior in and other vehicle behavior in Synch
I'm not sure how to interpret what you wrote. Are you saying you think door lock settings should be removed from Sync?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's not strictly related to updating Sync versions -- I had this problem last week out of the blue (no updates) and it was resolved by clicking the fob to unlock and then closing.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There are settings for door lock behavior in and other vehicle behavior in Synch

I'm not sure how to interpret what you wrote. Are you saying you think door lock settings should be removed from Sync?
I'm saying my latch behavior hasn't been dependant upon a setting in Sync. Just regular lock/unlocking with the doors - like choosing "all" or "driver's side only".

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
I'm saying my latch behavior hasn't been dependant upon a setting in Sync. Just regular lock/unlocking with the doors - like choosing "all" or "driver's side only".
OK< that's what I thought you meant. As far as I can tell, the lift gate latch switch is not "dependent" on Sync3. But, part of the door lock subsystem's behavior can be set via Sync3. And that gives a path for side effects.

From what I can tell from my experience and reading about other's, it seems to be a bug that depends on a particular sequence of actions that involve the digital keypad on the B Column.

I've had it happen twice and both times using the lift gate unlock on the key fob set things right.
Sponsored