New potential Badlands buyer. Any advice, tips etc about buying?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
would you guys sacrifice the color? If Say you found the badlands with the package that you were looking for. I think I might get one in my area but the color is not what I want. I really want the Area 51 primarily. Or do the sports simply look good in any color?
I saw that cactus up close at a dealer a couple days ago it was really nice. I mean I wouldn’t drive a pink one but I was open.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
would you guys sacrifice the color? If Say you found the badlands with the package that you were looking for. I think I might get one in my area but the color is not what I want. I really want the Area 51 primarily. Or do the sports simply look good in any color?
We wanted, and ordered, a white one, then a few days later found a carbonized gray (our 2nd color choice) at a dealer 125 miles away. We bought it and have been enjoying it for two months now. If we found a white one, I’m pretty sure we could sell ours for nearly what we paid for it and get the white.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We wanted, and ordered, a white one, then a few days later found a carbonized gray (our 2nd color choice) at a dealer 125 miles away. We bought it and have been enjoying it for two months now. If we found a white one, I’m pretty sure we could sell ours for nearly what we paid for it and get the white.
I am 100% confident you'd make a profit.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
A white one. I am going to sit back and wait. These retarded market conditions will be here for quite a while yet but not forever.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Not rushing out fighting long list of other buyers willing to out bid me for an already over priced first model year vehicle. I will keep what I have let all the other buyers fight over twindling inventory and rip off crook car dealers.

CobraPat

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
the lugs are an easy fix. I found some on amazon full metal, $20. Search for Lincoln MKZ lug nuts, M12x1.5 bulge acorns... a lot of options and a quick peace of mind.
I saw one of the other posts about them. I am definitely gonna get them.

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you can find one on a lot buy it. They aren’t taking badlands orders any longer and those of us that have had orderes for badlands in for months keep getting delayed. I ordered mine back on Feb 3rd and just got delivery pushed to Oct 31st after starting into production with no explanation yet.
Feb 1 for me...it got built last week....now its sitting...on hold waiting for a chip!...ARG!

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Feb 1 for me...it got built last week....now its sitting...on hold waiting for a chip!...ARG!
Same here, I'm going to but a used Crosstrek right now, can't wait another 5 months with no car.
good luck to you!

Sharmie

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport (Badlands/Badlands pkg)
I test drove a Limited edition Area 51 and was hooked on the color. Loved it. However, that Limited edition belonged to someone who ordered and she couldn’t decide whether she liked the color. I was at the ready to swoop in and buy it, but then she decided she DID want it. So, onwards— I went to another dealer. Actually, a better dealer.
I went to Galpin Ford (great dealership In LA, CA) and found a fully loaded Badlands/Badlands in Rapid Red Metallic. I jumped because it has everything that the FE had without the roof rack which I got separately because I needed one for my surfboard anyway.
The Bronco is pretty great, and I’m actually happier that I got everything I could have wanted in it, even if it wasn’t that Area 51 color that I had previously set my sights on.
I’m really happy with the Rapid Red. The color, specifically, gets a lot of compliments!
I agree with some of the comments made about visor, glare, etc.
I will say that the warning system is actually quite helpful — I hadn’t had a new car in a very long time so I have always relied on looking over the shoulder— but I gotta say that the warning lights are helpful for those blind spots!
The heated heats and steering wheel are nice and the seats are super comfy. The GOAT modes and auto lock are fab. The cargo system was a must have for me and is worth it.
And the leather seats with the bronco - well, I do smile everytime I get in my car…
Keep your eyes peeled and pounce when you see a Badlands/Badlands. I would wager that you would be very pleased when you get in one!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sunrise in North Hollywood currently lists 2 Badlands on their website, 1 Rapid Red, and 1 Oxford White.

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same here, I'm going to but a used Crosstrek right now, can't wait another 5 months with no car.
good luck to you!
I have patience...exactly the same ( barring chip issue of course ) with the Fiesta ST I ordered....took 6 months....

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Sunrise in North Hollywood currently lists 2 Badlands on their website, 1 Rapid Red, and 1 Oxford White.
Probably not in stock. Thats the new trend list vehicles they don't have.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thats how I bought my Badlands. The "potential buyer" OP who lives in the LA area can follow up if interested.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Green window stickers on those - means they were customer ordered. And I’ve inquired anyway. I’m trying to round up another BL+BL Sport and there are none to be had anywhere. Like no dealer in the country has one right now that they can sell. I’ve found three First Editions, one of them only 20 miles from me. All of them have ridiculous ADM on them. Will cost me MSRP +$8K + Warranty and service plan for a total of $55K (non negotiable) to buy the FE in my neighborhood. Not going to happen. It’s been sitting there for about 2 months now. Given the current market, they will probably sell it at that price.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
…There are still a few BL Sports out there if you don’t want the Badlands package with the leather seats and other goodies. Most all with crazy ADM.
Sponsored