Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and am looking for some guidance / support from the community.

I am headed to my Ford Dealer this afternoon to place a factory order for the following:
Ford Bronco Sport, Cactus Gray, 17 in. Gray Al. Wheels / Ebony Interior
Big Bend, Big Bend Package (96P - Moonroof, Heated Seats and Wireless Charger)
Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+
MSRP: 32,680

After various discussions with dealers in CT and conflicting information, this dealer is ensuring me that I can place this factory order as a 2021 today, it will be marked as high priority (Code 10) and will be shifted to a 2022 at the proper time (Code 99) due to the Big Bend package being sold out for 21. Lastly, I have been told by this dealer, and most have concurred, that factories have been closed, will open tomorrow, will ramp production in August / September and I should receive it in October (8 - 10 weeks). Is this realistic with the Bronco Sport? I do expect delays, obviously, but the assurance of the 8-10 weeks just seems strange to me. I figured this would take at least until mid-22. Also, some dealerships have disagreed with what this dealer is saying about placing the 21 big bend package and converting it when announced.

Does anything stand out to you before I go to the dealership this afternoon? What am I forgetting / missing and what else should I consider prior to placing the order, even though the $100.00 is refundable at any point? Also, the invoice does not specify the number of doors or top type. I have no preference as I am confined to the price but can anyone tell me what that might be so I know walking in? I remember hearing about issues with hard tops...

Thanks so much!
Sponsored

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I know the full size broncos had a 99 option as they reserved slots and could convert orders. I do not know of anyone 99ing a sport. That seems fishy. I'll look there was a cut off established for 21s.
Being realistic the moonroof and 360+ will be an ordering issue as chips and moonroof are unicorns.
You MIGHT find a Big Bend similar to your specs on a dealer lot if you cast a wide net 300+ miles perhaps. Depends where you live. The Big Bend was the dealer/manufacturing choice and lots around me are filling up with them.
8-10 weeks from August/Sept. No insane, there is a lot of scuttle of chip sourcing and ramped production by that point. They move quick once parts are available but with your specs, you may be at the tail end of the line as many here have been with similar needs/wants.
I've had two badlands, no package, no moonroof, no 360+ built since March. Commodities are a holdup right now
Comparatively Ford is straight up telling Bronco orders swap to soft top four door Big Bend and you leap to the front of the line. Some of those folks have waited close to two years. Commodities=priorities.

OP
OP
Justinahern

Justinahern

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I know the full size broncos had a 99 option as they reserved slots and could convert orders. I do not know of anyone 99ing a sport. That seems fishy. I'll look there was a cut off established for 21s.
Being realistic the moonroof and 360+ will be an ordering issue as chips and moonroof are unicorns.
You MIGHT find a Big Bend similar to your specs on a dealer lot if you cast a wide net 300+ miles perhaps. Depends where you live. The Big Bend was the dealer/manufacturing choice and lots around me are filling up with them.
8-10 weeks from August/Sept. No insane, there is a lot of scuttle of chip sourcing and ramped production by that point. They move quick once parts are available but with your specs, you may be at the tail end of the line as many here have been with similar needs/wants.
I've had two badlands, no package, no moonroof, no 360+ built since March. Commodities are a holdup right now
Comparatively Ford is straight up telling Bronco orders swap to soft top four door Big Bend and you leap to the front of the line. Some of those folks have waited close to two years. Commodities=priorities.
Great information - thank you very much!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford isn't going to start building "22s until November. And Ford will start taking orders for '22s August 30.
Sponsored