Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
2CC7EC5D-0471-4DC6-959F-D8B5C94CB2D9.jpeg
They said I need an original tire because those tires have something in it that they need to reset the alert?
are they talking about the TPMS? if that’s the case you would just need to mount the original *wheel with a new tire on it and that should automatically reset the light. check some tire shops to see if they carry your tire

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Any advice as what to do?
I'd offer up a tire, but I have an OB so the rims/tires are a different size and are Michelins instead of Contis. Order a tire from tirerack, take it to George Oren Tire in San Leandro for install and you will be all set. No TMPS programming needed, your dealer is full of it.

I bought a set of aftermarket wheels/tires/TPMS from tirerack and installed them. TPMS sensors were recognized automatically before I even backed out of the garage, no programming necessary.

Last edited:

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Maybe it is the TPMS and not the tire that is bad?

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When your tire blew did the TPMS sensor get damaged? The sensor will work with any tire, obviously you probably want all the tires to match. Shop around even other Ford dealers, you should be able to find a matching tire.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
As everyone else mentioned your dealership is full of crap. Unless your actual sensor is bad… they have to be able to find a tire for you. And if not I’d be demanding that they bring it to America’s tire and foot the bill for the tire replacement. And if it had to be an exact tire match, others wouldn’t have been able to change their wheels and tires.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
After talking to the service manager with out immedeate resolve.
I'd write that dealer off, send a email to ford corporate telling them of that dealers sub standard handling of your problem. Then I'd find another dealer..
The low pressure warning system has a sensor inside of each tire, it's part of the valve. It cares not one bit what tire is where. It only monitors air pressure.
BUT mounting different tires, mixing them will put added strain on the drive train. Even a different kind of the same size across from another. Or even a pair at one end is not wise.
It's likely that burned out my rotary blade coupling in my escape.
Let the service manager read this post and watch his face turn red...

Last edited:

awinner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm SO relieved to see someone else that this happened to! My tire blew on 5/28 with only 1,428 miles on it. We got our BB+BB on 2/1 but have been hesitant to drive it much-- been watching the forum to keep up with issues. Called the Ford dealership where we bought it and they said not their problem--should've got the "extra" extra extended warranty that covers tires; then called the tire manufacturer and they said not their problem. Went to our local dealership the next day and was able to get one ordered and it is FINALLY coming in today. Almost considered mounting the spare to match the rest and getting a cheapy for a spare Honestly, was too ill to ask what it's going to cost but been going to them for awhile so I'm hoping they try to help in some manner.

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just gonna take a wild guess...San Leandro Ford?
You mean "The FORD Store", lol. What a bunch of jokers there. Tried to order accessories using my Costco 15% off coupon and they ordered the parts in. The parts arrived at the dealer and they called me and told me the total was $900+ on parts that are $500 on Fords own accessory website. I balked and they told me that they couldn't compete with "online" retailers, and I told them it was Ford's own website he grumbled and said he would talk to his manager and call me right back. A few weeks later I get a series of calls telling me to come get my parts and by that time I already had the parts in hand from Levittown Ford for less than half what they wanted.

Our experience with Fremont Ford (where we purchased our OB) wasn't much better once our purchase was completed but I won't derail the thread any further.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I have a new big bend bronco and my tire blew out on highway with 3k miles on it. The tire pressure light it on so I called dealership and brought it in. They said they can’t fix the alert on dashboard without original tire. So I looked at them and said, so put an original tire on. Come to find out, they don’t carry this or that anyone carry’s that. So, I said what about same spare that I put on so I at least have another spare if I get another flat. They don’t have that either. I asked them to order one and they said they looked and can’t find either that is the exact same.
So I am driving around on a brand new bronco 34k truck with a spare tire and no back up.
Any advice as what to do?
Never heard any of that before in my life.
Sponsored