New Bronco Sport with free foghorn. Is there a fix for this. Getting worse at 17000 miles.

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I love my BS. But I HATE the backup noise. I've read a lot of responses about it and the ones that mention just "living with it" are, imo, ridiculous. I have a little over 18k on my 2021 and no vehicle should sound like this. I went in for the "fix" which did make it worse. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Damp, dry, cloudy out, sunny out, hot, cold - doesn't matter. It's a nasty noise that makes people turn to look where the sound is coming from and to me, that is not okay. I would rather people look at my BS cause it's awesome, not because it's making the sound of a dying whale. I will continue my campaign of complaining to Ford and my dealer until someone figures it out.
Sponsored

Steven 6095

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Checked with my dealer's service manager yesterday. They still can't get the parts.

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I finally reached out to the owner of the Auto Group where I purchased my BS and his Assistant reached back. I sent her a video of the noise my BS makes when backing up and her response was "OMG!". She promised to have the owner look into it when he was back at the dealership on Friday (today). I received a text from her yesterday and she said a "bulletin" was released in October of this year (not the originally TSB, she assured me) on the fix and the parts have been ordered. I have an appointment at the end of December for this issue to be fixed. Has anyone seen a "bulletin" re: this issue? I would be interested to know.........

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So - my "appointment" (see above) was just a "ghost" appointment so they could have it on record for Ford to order the parts. In late December I received 2 more appointment emails - for March of 2024 and December of 2024. I immediately contacted the dealer and protested but they still couldn't locate parts. I finally got a call that the parts were in and they actually came and picked up my vehicle - left a vehicle for me to drive. Got a phone call that afternoon that the part had been put on my BS but when they backed it out of the service garage - same horrible noise. The dealer owner sent it back to the garage. They ended up putting on new brake pads and new rotors and VOILA!!! NO MORE NOISE! I mean, it's only been 5 days but it's just amazing! Two and 1/2 years. Hope anyone else that's having this back up NOISE problem passes this along to their service garage. AWESOME to not be embarrassed by the screeching noise anymore!

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is such a weird problem people are having. I get it too, but literally only after my car has been sitting in the rain. I grew up with rear brakes making noise with wet rotors, so I mostly live with it. If it happened all the time like some folks say, then I could only imagine the headache.

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I understand that too - but this noise was just ridiculous. Why it took this long to figure out if they just replace the brake pads and rotors, the problem would be solved is puzzling to me. Except that everything has to go through it's steps to get approved. Certainly not customer friendly, however. This is why I am posting my experience so maybe others can cut to the chase with their people.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I understand that too - but this noise was just ridiculous. Why it took this long to figure out if they just replace the brake pads and rotors, the problem would be solved is puzzling to me.
Because your dealer almost certainly ate the cost of those new rotors and pads. Most dealerships are not going to pay for parts to fix a warranty problem.

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Because your dealer almost certainly ate the cost of those new rotors and pads. Most dealerships are not going to pay for parts to fix a warranty problem.
I absolutely understand that and hope they can recoup the cost by proving that corporate's fix wasn't even close. My understanding is that this "part" that was so hard to find was the size of a half dollar. Not sure what it was supposed to do but whatever it was supposed to do, it didn't do it. I have expressed to my dealer how extremely grateful I am for the help and the solution. Disappointed in Ford, the corporation for allowing this to go on for so long.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disappointed in Ford, the corporation for allowing this to go on for so long.
Here's the other side of the coin: There's no guarantee that replacing the rotor and pads will actually fix the problem. It's entirely possible that when these parts wear in on your car the noise will return. This is another reason why dealerships don't generally pay for parts that Ford hasn't specified to fix a given issue.

Replacing parts with no assurance doing so will fix a problem is an act of desperation. Obviously, I don't have any specific knowledge about what's going on. Speculation that Ford is dragging its feet to save money is as accurate as speculation that it hasn't actually identified the cause of the noise. We don't know. Hopefully the work your dealer did has permanently fixed your problem.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
The latest TSB got rid of my moan. Hopefully it stays that way, and hopefully it works for everyone else.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'd stay away from oceans, as your BS may attract a whale and confuse it with breeding attempts.

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Here's the other side of the coin: There's no guarantee that replacing the rotor and pads will actually fix the problem. It's entirely possible that when these parts wear in on your car the noise will return. This is another reason why dealerships don't generally pay for parts that Ford hasn't specified to fix a given issue.

Replacing parts with no assurance doing so will fix a problem is an act of desperation. Obviously, I don't have any specific knowledge about what's going on. Speculation that Ford is dragging its feet to save money is as accurate as speculation that it hasn't actually identified the cause of the noise. We don't know. Hopefully the work your dealer did has permanently fixed your problem.
Gosh, I hope you're wrong that it would come back.....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gosh, I hope you're wrong that it would come back.....
Me too. Please post occasionally and keep us updated. If possible, can you get the part numbers for the parts your dealership installed (in case it ends up being a permanent fix)?

Jeanne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Me too. Please post occasionally and keep us updated. If possible, can you get the part numbers for the parts your dealership installed (in case it ends up being a permanent fix)?
I can ask or see if it's in my service paperwork and I'll let you know!
Sponsored