Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Edit - I missed a few things on the Grand AM. 4 alternators, leaks in seals around the windows, doors and trunk. The heater core failed at 200,000, so no heat for the next 300,000. The odo failed at 380,000. But 60,000 a year + comes out to about 500,000. The HYD clutch secondary failed and that ended its run of being bullet proof.
Holy cow, what a POS!
Sponsored

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Don't say it, don't say it, don't say it...

Dude, you are making this hard for us.
Well, at least he can admit it. Let’s hope we can find whatever forum he’s whining on after his next non-Ford purchase.:cwl:

BigPhatPaulie

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Lol a 2012 ram being bullet proof? Now THAT is hilarious lol. All jokes aside shit happens. You could have literally purchased ANY OTHER VEHICLE THAT EXISTS and have the same thing happen. Let me guess that car would be a POS too right? What if your Ram happened to have a bad part out of the blue when you bought it? POS right? We all get it man having a new vehicle fail sucks hard but calling it a POS and writing off the brand because of it is just infantile

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Lol a 2012 ram being bullet proof? Now THAT is hilarious lol. All jokes aside shit happens. You could have literally purchased ANY OTHER VEHICLE THAT EXISTS and have the same thing happen. Let me guess that car would be a POS too right? What if your Ram happened to have a bad part out of the blue when you bought it? POS right? We all get it man having a new vehicle fail sucks hard but calling it a POS and writing off the brand because of it is just infantile
lol sounds like a mamas crybaby. I M 70yo and have had over a 110 cars Things happen but you don’t whine and cry on the internet or forum. I have owned exotic cars and trucks. I love this little Bronco. Oops I got a nail in my tire I will never own another Ford.lol😂

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If you have lost confidence cause window wont go up I would drive it to Dodge dealer and trade it in for one of those awesome new Hornets. Then your problems are over just like that. Don't continue the suffering with that piece of crap Ford for another day...

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Man, I doubt this guy expected this. I get it. It sucks when a new car has a failure. I know. My brand new 2018 Ram 1500 kept having a suction failure for the AC vents and three times I had to take the damn thing to the dealer to deal with the fact my AC only came out the defroster. Ended up trading it in. Do I think that all Ram/Stellantis products suck? No. The one I got did, but that there are lemons from every manufacturer. (Including your bulletproof Ram).

OP's 2012 Ram is rock solid. Awesome. That likely means that you had the right combo of parts arrive on the line. Simple truth is that these are extremely complex systems and two janky parts could provide a lifetime of trouble. It doesn't matter who. Toyota, Ford, Ram, Kia - any of them. Best you can do is if you think you have a lemon, get out of it. One trip to the dealer from a window motor would not lead me to that conclusion.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I don't really give much weight to reliability of a car. If reliability was so important then Alfa Romeo would be out of business and everyone would drive Toyotas. You get what you can afford to fix.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I don't really give much weight to reliability of a car. If reliability was so important then Alfa Romeo would be out of business and everyone would drive Toyotas. You get what you can afford to fix.
I agree, and somewhat disagree. I have bought Ford F150 trucks for the past 30 years. I've had minor issues with each of them, many being wear and tear. Overall, there is a reason that Ford trucks have been number one in sales for 47 years. They are dependable.

I hope to have that repore with this Bronco Sport.
Sponsored