I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Less than 3100 miles on my BS and the back right window won't roll up. Will find out how long it'll take to get an appointment at the dealership tomorrow morning. Cut and taped a piece of shower curtain liner (my wife had been using one as a dropcloth, luckily) over the opening, which looks as classy as it sounds. So I'll be driving my bulletproof 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 for a few days and contemplating the mystery of why I ever bought a Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP
I-gor

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Driven other makes for over 100k problem free miles. So yeah, it really does.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Driven other makes for over 100k problem free miles. So yeah, it really does.
Do you have the 1.5L Engine? Just curious since that has nothing to do with your window problem and I do agree with you the shower curtain temp solution is not ideal. Hope you can get the fix done quickly.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So I'll be driving my bulletproof 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 for a few days and contemplating the mystery of why I ever bought a Ford.
"Bulletproof."

I'm sorry you're having an issue with your Bronco Sport. Ford certainly has had it's share of issues lately, and it's handled the supply chain problems worse than most. But this is the first time I've ever heard anyone use the word bulletproof to describe a Dodge/Chrysler product.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I mean that sucks when theres any issue with a new vehicle but this comes across as if you were almost waiting for there to be a problem no matter how big or small so you could say "AH-HA I KNEW THIS CAR WOULD BE A POS" which is a really odd attitude to have for such a large purchase you willingly made.

24k miles on my Big Bend and the only issue I've had is the dreaded cracked windshield (which is not uncommon on boxy vehicles like this)

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
I guess my Mazda was 4 times your definition of a POS. Had it for 250 miles and ALL 4 power windows would not go up.

And that would make my 89 Pontiac Grant AM bullet proof because I drove it for over 500,000 miles with only the shifter Roll pin breaking at 12.000, 2 replacement fuel pumps and the body falling apart.

it’s all about perspective.

Edit - I missed a few things on the Grand AM. 4 alternators, leaks in seals around the windows, doors and trunk. The heater core failed at 200,000, so no heat for the next 300,000. The odo failed at 380,000. But 60,000 a year + comes out to about 500,000. The HYD clutch secondary failed and that ended its run of being bullet proof.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I-gor

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Do you have the 1.5L Engine? Just curious since that has nothing to do with your window problem and I do agree with you the shower curtain temp solution is not ideal. Hope you can get the fix done quickly.
Engine is indeed 1.5 L.

OP
OP
I-gor

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
An everyday driver that only requires scheduled maintenance and routine upkeep meets my definition of bulletproof.

OP
OP
I-gor

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I mean that sucks when theres any issue with a new vehicle but this comes across as if you were almost waiting for there to be a problem no matter how big or small so you could say "AH-HA I KNEW THIS CAR WOULD BE A POS" which is a really odd attitude to have for such a large purchase you willingly made.

24k miles on my Big Bend and the only issue I've had is the dreaded cracked windshield (which is not uncommon on boxy vehicles like this)
The fact that I made the purchase willingly is what sucks about it. Poor decision on my part.

Sirwallace

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Less than 3100 miles on my BS and the back right window won't roll up. Will find out how long it'll take to get an appointment at the dealership tomorrow morning. Cut and taped a piece of shower curtain liner (my wife had been using one as a dropcloth, luckily) over the opening, which looks as classy as it sounds. So I'll be driving my bulletproof 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 for a few days and contemplating the mystery of why I ever bought a Ford.
I have had my Base since 2021 and have had no problems. I have owned multiple Ford vehicles and haven't had any problems except regular maintenance.