JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
This is the one I was waiting for. Too bad their most difficult trails are snow covered. The BS was just killing it.

I remember that they tried the Renegade Trailhawk on Cliffhanger2.0 and I think it got just past where they stopped the BS. But that was on dry ground.

I don't remember any suv doing better on the rollers than the BS, not even a Subaru.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Wonder how many times it's been explained, "it's not the big/real Bronco" geeze.

Yes, the BS BL is a serious SUV, get over it and give it and Ford it's due. Thanks TFL for getting part way there.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So it passed every one of their tests with flying colors. Despite their low-key insults and left-handed compliments...it's SO satisfying to watch them eat their words. It isn't this, doesn't have that -- enough of that already. Only an ignoramus wouldn't know anything about the Sport by now. And SO WHAT if you can get an unmodified, base-model Bronco or Wrangler for $40K? This First Edition -- except for Nav and Adaptive Cruise -- is LOADED. EVERY Wrangler or Bronco will be MODIFIED for this kind of use (including the Sasquatch package -- a pretty wild factory option). You can EQUAL or SURPASS the Wrangler Rubicon (or Cherokee Trailhawk, the same) factory 10.8" ground clearance with tires and a modest lift -- NO BIG DEAL. Way past time for all of these "softroader" not a real 4WD crossover knocks to stop. Just look at what it can do and shut up with all of that stuff already. If you want "real rock crawling/offroad," check out what the crazy Australians are doing in all of their 4WD offroad fails videos on YouTube -- they're rolling over, breaking everything -- and they're welcome to it! A giant pig of a lifted Wrangler or Toyota (Tacoma, 4Runner, Landcruiser - pick one) is just not for me, for everyday driving -- no way.

Last edited:

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
As bad as that all is for BS owners, imagine how hard it is to swallow for all those other car owners.
All this time they're saying it's nothing more than a dressed up Escape, now it's choke-choke sob.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I was so pleasantly surprised that it did so well. I had braced myself for the worst with these guys. They were looking for every opportunity to bash it and it did great. I don't get the "lets put it in normal mode until we get stuck and then see if we can get unstuck with goat modes" ? But the BS ate it all up and didn't give them the chance to disparage it.

If I'm not mistaken TFL's relationship with Subaru is so bad they won't give them any cars to evaluate anymore after they overheated the CVT's and bashed the heck out of them. I was expecting similar behavior but perhaps they value their relationship with Ford a bit more.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I was so pleasantly surprised that it did so well. I had braced myself for the worst with these guys. They were looking for every opportunity to bash it and it did great. I don't get the "lets put it in normal mode until we get stuck and then see if we can get unstuck with goat modes" ? But the BS ate it all up and didn't give them the chance to disparage it.

If I'm not mistaken TFL's relationship with Subaru is so bad they won't give them any cars to evaluate anymore after they overheated the CVT's and bashed the heck out of them. I was expecting similar behavior but perhaps they value their relationship with Ford a bit more.
I noticed the same thing in another off-road test video by someone else regarding the hesitancy of using the GOAT modes. It's almost like they want to prove that they're a gimmick. In the meantime, the Bronco Sport is like: "Hold my beer."

playdohpy

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Every time I see a youtube comment "bUt iT's nOt a rEaL bRoNcO", I want to say ok and?? what point are you trying to make and why does that matter to you if you don't even own one? lol

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I noticed the same thing in another off-road test video by someone else regarding the hesitancy of using the GOAT modes. It's almost like they want to prove that they're a gimmick. In the meantime, the Bronco Sport is like: "Hold my beer."
I disagree. They aren’t trying to prove that it’s a gimmick, but it is more capable than any previous vehicle in its class. They are surprised by it because it is surprising. There is a reason Subaru just released a new off road version of the outback. Ford has broken new ground here, and reviewers and the industry are beginning to realize it.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I disagree. They aren’t trying to prove that it’s a gimmick, but it is more capable than any previous vehicle in its class. They are surprised by it because it is surprising. There is a reason Subaru just released a new off road version of the outback. Ford has broken new ground here, and reviewers and the industry are beginning to realize it.
I don't doubt what you're saying. But, I've literally heard reviewers calling the GOAT modes gimmicks.

Either way, it's refreshing to see the Bronco Sport more than holding its own.
Sponsored