New brake pads from recall are terrible (so much brake dust)

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well, 2 months since having my brake pads replaced under the recall, my wheels continue to be covered in thick brake dust no matter how many times I clean the wheels. At this rate soon I will have a lot longer stopping distance than I did before the recall! These new brake pads are awful.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If it is bothering you this much, you might consider replacing the pads with something that wonā€™t make as much dust.
Front Pads
Rear Pads

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Well, 2 months since having my brake pads replaced under the recall, my wheels continue to be covered in thick brake dust no matter how many times I clean the wheels. At this rate soon I will have a lot longer stopping distance than I did before the recall! These new brake pads are awful.
Glad Iā€™m not the only one. Itā€™s so bad, and not normal. When I told the dealer they only said itā€™s the quality of the pads that were provided for the recall. I donā€™t think people understand how bad it truly is. Think detailing your wheels, and the next day it looking like they were submerged in volcanic ash. Itā€™s almost a waste of $ to continuously clean them, but then you worry about ruining the rims.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I've noticed the brake dust on the fronts just the other day. Never had any until the recall.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The new pads really do generate unacceptable dust levels. My wheels are atrocious and Iā€™m not putting on many miles per week. Iā€™m looking hard at ceramic pads.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Iā€™m not seeing anything abnormal after 5k miles on my 22.

dieu

Big Bend
First Name
dieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This issue is out of control. Had mine replaced due to the ā€˜recallā€™ and months later the build up looks as though the wheels werenā€™t washed in a year. Similar to rail dust, I have small specs embedded in the clear coat finish of the wheel. Never had this issue with the wheels prior to the replacement of the front pads. I find myself cleaning the front wheels every day after short drives of a mile or two. It is my opinion that these pads are garbage.

dieu

Big Bend
First Name
dieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I believe I may have misspoke. My understanding now, is that the rear brake pads were replaced. My concern is with the front brake pads. The rear brake pads generate very little, if any, brake dust. Based on my service history from the Ford app, I cannot confirm which brake pads were replaced. Maybe after 15,000 miles, the front brake pads degrade quickly. Again, the issue is the brake dust from the front wheels ruins the clear coat finish.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I guess dealer says its normal? And yeah brake dust left on wheels too long can ruin wheel finish.

dieu

Big Bend
First Name
dieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I guess dealer says its normal? And yeah brake dust left on wheels too long can ruin wheel finish.
I clean the fronts every day. You can see the brake pad fragments embedded in the clear coat. I presume fragments up to 200 degrees Celsius, or 392 degrees Fahrenheit melt the clear coat.
Sponsored