First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Never miss a software update!
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.

Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.
Sponsored

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.

Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.
Is this sync 4 only?

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My preference would be to get notified in the FordPass app so I can download to a thumb drive and apply the updates manually. I find the updates over WiFi to be painfully slow.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's a trap, turned off all my updates on the Sync and my phone. Ford Pass 4.16 be damned.
I did that just so other people can be the guinea pigs. :giggle::giggle: The first update from when my Bronco was barely two weeks old messed up a bunch of stuff for a few months!

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Ya, I'm not one for automatic updates without patch notes. I'll be turning that off, first chance I get with my broncho, and manually update it after feedback has been obtained to avoid a bricked bronco some random morning I need to get to work.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

*forgets where they are*
kindly update our sync3 devices to sync4 and perhaps we can discuss updating per your instructions at that point
Sponsored