bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone tried the Egoe Nestbox Camper Conversion? Their smallest module is listed as fitting the Escape, so it would seem it might fit the BS too. Though the BS is a bit shorter, so it might not fit, but looking at their list of cars, it seems just as likely that they just haven’t updated the specs. If it does fit, this seems like a good alternative to a RTT. Thoughts on feasibility?

https://www.egoe-nest.eu/us-en/
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We've got both a BS and Escape. I'll take some measurements, but I'm pretty sure the BS is narrower. If you don't see something from me tomorrow ping me.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
OP
OP

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for sharing the dimensions. Agree, looks like the 6” flaps might not be able to fold down but otherwise, looks likely. Only dimension I’m not sure about is the depth. Haven’t received our BS yet, or I’d take measurements myself.

tbh the price didn’t seem unreasonable to me compared to, say, a Thule Basin or a small overland camper trailer. Sure you could build it yourself for less, but not everyone wants to do that. And I’m not sure of good alternatives (besides a deep sleep overland mattress, but then you don’t get any kitchen gear)

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Thanks for sharing the dimensions. Agree, looks like the 6” flaps might not be able to fold down but otherwise, looks likely. Only dimension I’m not sure about is the depth. Haven’t received our BS yet, or I’d take measurements myself.

tbh the price didn’t seem unreasonable to me compared to, say, a Thule Basin or a small overland camper trailer. Sure you could build it yourself for less, but not everyone wants to do that. And I’m not sure of good alternatives (besides a deep sleep overland mattress, but then you don’t get any kitchen gear)
The depth is what I referred as length which is 76” is likely to fit. Click the link. That thread has all the dimensions shown.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The dimensions not shown are the width between the wheel wells and the width between the ledges for cars equipped with the cargo management system. The ledges on the wheel wells that hold the platform for the cargo management system are around 10" off the cargo floor, and the distance between them is 39".

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i was looking at these too, but the price is kinda steep for us. There are some very ingenious builds on youtube for something similar, and for way cheaper. But i also totally get the buying of a complete package.

VEVOR Camping Kitchen Table, Aluminum Portable Folding Camp Cook Table with Windshield, Storage Organizer, Quick Installation for Outdoor Picnic Beach Party Cooking, Black : Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

^^^ This is one we have been considering for next summer, providing we don't buy a sprinter van.

Jbfletchr

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The dimensions not shown are the width between the wheel wells and the width between the ledges for cars equipped with the cargo management system. The ledges on the wheel wells that hold the platform for the cargo management system are around 10" off the cargo floor, and the distance between them is 39".
Dimensions between the wheel well seems to be 41.5"

Ford Bronco Sport Nestbox Camper Conversion ⛺️ Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 3

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I don't camp often, but everytime I do I was thinking to myself we should of got one of these. and....Sprinter van?!??!!! well, now we're talking...but that probably belongs to another thread or even forum.:like:

and yeah, the CMS shelf ledge will take away about 1" on each side. so the narrowest point of the rear trunk area would be about 39"

but how about this?
Ford Bronco Sport Nestbox Camper Conversion ⛺️ 1666232656330

https://www.amazon.com/Overland-Kitchen-Vehicle-Camping-Storage/dp/B09XQ2MQGV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=149HM9SAU4L1J&keywords=car+camp+kitchen+in+trunk&qid=1666231940&sprefix=car+camp+kitchen+in+trunk,aps,174&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.ac2169a1-b668-44b9-8bd0-5ec63b24bcb5

it takes up exactly about 1/2 width of the rear area and a Deepsleep mattress solo can fit on the side. Perfect for solo sleep in the car.

OP
OP

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks everyone for the measurements / responses. Super helpful. FYI, I did reach out to the manufacturer and they said the BS isn't listed as compatible because they haven't tested it, not because it doesn't fit

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Wow! That is cool, but the price is out of this world. I have camped in mine a few times in the desert. It is o.k. for just an overnight in warm weather, but I had to hang mosquito netting over my bed. It was too hot to close the back and doors, and my feet got a bit wet when it rained.

I have a small (7x11') canvas Springbar tent, which is big enough for two cots and a small table for cooking. Tall enough to stand up in, holds up in 50 mph wind, and has good ventelation and mosquito netting. It is by far the easiest tent to set up I've ever seen or owned. It has held up to snow, rain, and hail without a drop of water inside. When the weather is cold, rainy, or windy, it is so much better than sleeping and cooking in the BS.

I picked up one of those fold-up kitchen table set ups at Saver's for $16. After a little repair it works great. It is compact and fits nicely in my tent.

Ford Bronco Sport Nestbox Camper Conversion ⛺️ FA44C6F4-BE92-4E7E-864F-5495AA99B9BB

OP
OP

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wow! That is cool, but the price is out of this world. I have camped in mine a few times in the desert. It is o.k. for just an overnight in warm weather, but I had to hang mosquito netting over my bed. It was too hot to close the back and doors, and my feet got a bit wet when it rained.

I have a small (7x11') canvas Springbar tent, which is big enough for two cots and a small table for cooking. Tall enough to stand up in, holds up in 50 mph wind, and has good ventelation and mosquito netting. It is by far the easiest tent to set up I've ever seen or owned. It has held up to snow, rain, and hail without a drop of water inside. When the weather is cold, rainy, or windy, it is so much better than sleeping and cooking in the BS.

I picked up one of those fold-up kitchen table set ups at Saver's for $16. After a little repair it works great. It is compact and fits nicely in my tent.

Ford Bronco Sport Nestbox Camper Conversion ⛺️ FA44C6F4-BE92-4E7E-864F-5495AA99B9BB
nice setup!

I never mentioned this, but the motivation here is to get off the ground and be a little less vulnerable when camping in grizzly territory. So looking for a solution other than a tent.

A RTT is one option, but they’re not cheap either, and with 100 lb roof capacity (we’re getting the sunroof) there aren’t many options out there that I like. If we get a RTT, I’d prefer a hard shell. If we can come up with a good in-car option that would be ideal

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
nice setup!

I never mentioned this, but the motivation here is to get off the ground and be a little less vulnerable when camping in grizzly territory. So looking for a solution other than a tent.

A RTT is one option, but they’re not cheap either, and with 100 lb roof capacity (we’re getting the sunroof) there aren’t many options out there that I like. If we get a RTT, I’d prefer a hard shell. If we can come up with a good in-car option that would be ideal
I hear you regarding the grizzly territory haha, that's one of our main concerns. We love camping remote in BC and have yet to encounter one (knock on wood). Our RTT is okay but if they really wanted to get ya, they could no problem. We make noise, always have bear spray, and sleep with a trusty Mosin Nagant as a super last resort. The further in the mountain you go, the more vulnerable you become.
Sponsored