My tires on my brand new vehicle are discontinued!?

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My OB came with Michelin Primacy A/S, 225/60R18's. Today, with only 1800 miles on the car I found a Razorblade deep in my tread, and it's slowly leaking. So my tire is trashed. Awesome. I went to the dealer, they don't have the tire and cant find it. I called around while he was looking. I then find out that this series of tires is discontinued. WTF!? Also they want $258 for 1 of these. I know I haven't had to buy tires in awhile, but wow.

So I guess I'm driving around with my compressor in my trunk until they can find a tire. I'm pissed.
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have a set of the original tires with couple hundred miles on them but I'm in NJ... You can make me an offer with shipping and I'll bring them to post office you can Venmo me
Ford Bronco Sport My tires on my brand new vehicle are discontinued!? PXL_20210930_211128344

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a set of the original tires with couple hundred miles on them but I'm in NJ... You can make me an offer with shipping and I'll bring them to post office you can Venmo me
Ford Bronco Sport My tires on my brand new vehicle are discontinued!? PXL_20210930_211128344
Are they the same Michelins?

I didn't even get to drive around enough to find out if I like these tires of not. What did you change over to?

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
My OB came with Michelin Primacy A/S, 225/60R18's. Today, with only 1800 miles on the car I found a Razorblade deep in my tread, and it's slowly leaking. So my tire is trashed. Awesome. I went to the dealer, they don't have the tire and cant find it. I called around while he was looking. I then find out that this series of tires is discontinued. WTF!? Also they want $258 for 1 of these. I know I haven't had to buy tires in awhile, but wow.

So I guess I'm driving around with my compressor in my trunk until they can find a tire. I'm pissed.
That really sucks. Sorry you’re dealing with that.
I have those exact same tires and I was looking to change them within the next couple months. If I were doing it sooner, and if you live in or around NJ, I’d sell them to you. Also, that is really expensive for one tire!

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
There ya go! … I’m in NJ too.

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah, I can find them online. I was trying to find them locally so I could just get it replaced and be on my way.

Now I'm tempted to just buy 4 different tires and get the stupid ford tire insurance to boot.
I believe the Ford tire warranty can only be added at time of purchase. It's not like the other Ford ESPs

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
That's what the dealer and 2 tire places told me.
"Yeah, I can find them online. I was trying to find them locally so I could just get it replaced and be on my way."

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I know Discount Tire can get this tire for you. In California they are called America’s Tire.
Ford Bronco Sport My tires on my brand new vehicle are discontinued!? 61DA8BAC-D659-4397-9700-D8B0E0D37C43
Sponsored

Last edited: