My short journey to Bronco Sport ownership

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
It seems I took a very different path to Bronco Sport ownership than most on this forum. Before joining this forum and reading the “Waiting Room” thread, I had no idea how long some were waiting for their BS and how much some dealers were charging.

I hadn’t been following the Bronco news closely. I knew Ford was making a new Bronco but it wasn’t something I thought I had to have. My interest started back in the middle of June. That’s when I started reading about the new Bronco and then found out that there was actually a Bronco and a Bronco Sport. Reading up on this, I realized the few I had seen on the road were Sports. Reading about the Sport I saw that they had either a 2.0L or a 1.5L and the 1.5 was only 3 cylinders. This got my curiosity.

I wanted to know how the 1.5L felt to drive. So one day, on a whim, I went to my local dealer that had a bunch sitting in the lot. Figuring I was just wasting the poor salesman’s time, I asked if I could take one for a ride. No problem. I took it for a drive and was really impressed with the ride and handling and how much pep the 3 banger had. After the drive I got the A-plan price and a brochure and left. I had no inclination of buying one since my 2019 Transit Connect was only 2 years old. Selling is a pain and trade-in is a joke.

Enter Carvana. I did a Google search on the best way to sell your used car and the first thing that popped up was Carvana. I didn’t know anything about dealing with Carvana. I went to their site and filled in the info to sell my Transit Connect to them just to get a quote. When the quote came up, I thought “there’s no way this is right”. I redid the whole thing again and got the same quote. By the way, the quote was $60 less than I paid 2 years prior, not including taxes, since I bought it on A-Plan with an additional $3000 rebate. So basically I drove it for 2 years for the cost of the tax. Figuring I’d go down this rabbit hole as far as it would take me, I uploaded the few pieces of info Carvana requested and it said someone would contact me in the next 48 hours. The next day I got an email to set up the pickup of my van. I set the appointment for Carvana to pick up my Transit Connect 2 days later and off to the Ford dealer I went to set up a deal on a BS.

My dealer had 5 or 6 Big Bends, which is what I wanted, in various colors and options. I picked out the one I wanted and gave them a deposit. I got it for A-plan price and no additional markups or other bull. A-Plan plus tax. I set up a time to pick it up an hour after Carvana was to pick up my van. 2 days later, Carvana shows up. I filled out a few pieces of paperwork, and Carvana hands me a check for the van. I can’t believe how easy that whole process went. I took the check, went to bank and deposited it, got a cashiers check for the BS and headed to the dealer. An hour later I was home with my Bronco Sport. As quick and painless as this whole thing went, I had no clue the problems people were having getting their Sports.

In summary:
6/15. I test drove a Bonco Sport On a whim. Went on Carvana’s site to sell my car that night.
6/16. Got an email to set up time for Carvana to pick up my van. Went to Ford dealer to pick out Bronco Sport, make down payment and set up time to take delivery.
6/18. Carvana picks up my van and hands me a check. I go to Ford dealer and pick up my Bronco Sport.

4 days from initial interest to ownership.

I’ve ordered only one vehicle in my life. That was a 1995 Ford F150 supercab 4x4. I only had to wait about a month for it. For those of you in limbo on your order, I truly feel bad for you. My only question is, are the order delays on all models or certain ones? Like I said, my dealer had some on the lot and A-Plan was no problem.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It seems I took a very different path to Bronco Sport ownership than most on this forum. Before joining this forum and reading the “Waiting Room” thread, I had no idea how long some were waiting for their BS and how much some dealers were charging.

I hadn’t been following the Bronco news closely. I knew Ford was making a new Bronco but it wasn’t something I thought I had to have. My interest started back in the middle of June. That’s when I started reading about the new Bronco and then found out that there was actually a Bronco and a Bronco Sport. Reading up on this, I realized the few I had seen on the road were Sports. Reading about the Sport I saw that they had either a 2.0L or a 1.5L and the 1.5 was only 3 cylinders. This got my curiosity.

I wanted to know how the 1.5L felt to drive. So one day, on a whim, I went to my local dealer that had a bunch sitting in the lot. Figuring I was just wasting the poor salesman’s time, I asked if I could take one for a ride. No problem. I took it for a drive and was really impressed with the ride and handling and how much pep the 3 banger had. After the drive I got the A-plan price and a brochure and left. I had no inclination of buying one since my 2019 Transit Connect was only 2 years old. Selling is a pain and trade-in is a joke.

Enter Carvana. I did a Google search on the best way to sell your used car and the first thing that popped up was Carvana. I didn’t know anything about dealing with Carvana. I went to their site and filled in the info to sell my Transit Connect to them just to get a quote. When the quote came up, I thought “there’s no way this is right”. I redid the whole thing again and got the same quote. By the way, the quote was $60 less than I paid 2 years prior, not including taxes, since I bought it on A-Plan with an additional $3000 rebate. So basically I drove it for 2 years for the cost of the tax. Figuring I’d go down this rabbit hole as far as it would take me, I uploaded the few pieces of info Carvana requested and it said someone would contact me in the next 48 hours. The next day I got an email to set up the pickup of my van. I set the appointment for Carvana to pick up my Transit Connect 2 days later and off to the Ford dealer I went to set up a deal on a BS.

My dealer had 5 or 6 Big Bends, which is what I wanted, in various colors and options. I picked out the one I wanted and gave them a deposit. I got it for A-plan price and no additional markups or other bull. A-Plan plus tax. I set up a time to pick it up an hour after Carvana was to pick up my van. 2 days later, Carvana shows up. I filled out a few pieces of paperwork, and Carvana hands me a check for the van. I can’t believe how easy that whole process went. I took the check, went to bank and deposited it, got a cashiers check for the BS and headed to the dealer. An hour later I was home with my Bronco Sport. As quick and painless as this whole thing went, I had no clue the problems people were having getting their Sports.

In summary:
6/15. I test drove a Bonco Sport On a whim. Went on Carvana’s site to sell my car that night.
6/16. Got an email to set up time for Carvana to pick up my van. Went to Ford dealer to pick out Bronco Sport, make down payment and set up time to take delivery.
6/18. Carvana picks up my van and hands me a check. I go to Ford dealer and pick up my Bronco Sport.

I’ve ordered only one vehicle in my life. That was a 1995 Ford F150 supercab 4x4. I only had to wait about a month for it. For those of you in limbo on your order, I truly feel bad for you. My only question is, are the order delays on all models or certain ones? Like I said, my dealer had some on the lot and A-Plan was no problem.
it's actually based on trim items more than anything else. The Badlands is off the books until at least September ordering cycle, but again that seems to be a 2.0 engine constraint from rumblings I've heard. Most who ordered the trim packages and 360+ with moonroof and tow package require a series of extra chips. Making matters somewhat worse it seems there was a sour spot...if your car was built yet missing a chip, it was stored on a lot in Mexico waiting for those modules. Somewhere in the process, other builds bypassed those waiting on a chip, and were built and shipped. It seems as though standard Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks are rolling with some regularity and many here are getting their delivery ahead of doomsday.
Many, myself included essentially 'jumped' the line and took delivery of a sport on a dealer lot or one incoming. Others have a target date around Halloween, which is more trick than treat, most of those demand the extra chips and lux trim packages.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Post a photo man! Is that cactus grey I see?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Killer man. Absolutely killer. I’m Area 51 all the way but if I was going to admit another color was as cool, it would be cactus grey.
Did you plastidip your letters in the front black? Or did it come with black letters they look great.

OP
OP
M3H7363

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Killer man. Absolutely killer. I’m Area 51 all the way but if I was going to admit another color was as cool, it would be cactus grey.
Did you plastidip your letters in the front black? Or did it come with black letters they look great.
PlastiDip. Area 51 was originally my first choice until I saw the Cactus Gray.

Bzwrthy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
PlastiDip. Area 51 was originally my first choice until I saw the Cactus Gray.
I'm assuming you PlastiDipped the back letters as well? I want to do this to my Area 51 OB. But pretty sure I'll screw it up somehow.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

In summary:

I have also had some really good experiences selling used cars to Carvana, and I'm a big fan of the way they do things. Selling a used vehicle to them is, as you say, absolutely no hassle at all.

Thanks for sharing your story.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm assuming you PlastiDipped the back letters as well? I want to do this to my Area 51 OB. But pretty sure I'll screw it up somehow.
You can do it! Practice on something else if you’re worried.

OP
OP
M3H7363

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
You can do it! Practice on something else if you’re worried.
Absolutely! I had zero experience using it. I saw a video on these forums showing how to do it. I figured for 6 bucks and a little bit of time it was worth a shot. It was really very simple.
Sponsored