missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When you talk to your insurance and make a claim, be sure to tell them you have a video and it is the other person’s fault. If they see a way to pursue recoupment, a good insurance company will do so on your behalf. And in my experience, you have made it possible for a positive outcome.
I already started the claim process with highways who I deem their contractor as responsible, but not yet with my own insurance. For some reason I wasn’t thinking in that order. But first thing next week I’ll get the process started with my insurance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry, that happened to you. Hopefully, it's just the ceramic coat but if not I'm sure it will be covered by ICBC. On the coast, we need to be leery of dump & transport trucks as they can chuck some pretty damaging debris at you. Good thing you have the dash cam video, good luck with everything.
You’re a fellow BC-er I guess! Yeah I have had 10 years of passing these trucks in opposite directions but never was I showered with a sheet of debris. I’m incredibly happy to have the dash cam 👌🏼

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Since the damage to the paint is visible, it’s more than just the ceramic coat, it’s paint damage (at least clear coat). The ceramic coating is so thin you would never be able to tell if it was just damage to it.
Yeah I hear ya. Thanks. I want it putting right and if it’s paint damage, that’s what it is. I’m sure someone on the business would assess my vehicle when it’s clean and dry and see that it’s flawless therefore this kind of damage is a big deal. I understand that had it been an older car with lots of other dings, not so. I am imagining how the owner of a beautiful classic car with glassy paintwork would feel, that they spend hours looking after so it looks pristine. That’s how I feel!!

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
That would set me off sorry to see.

But forget ceramic, waste of money. Provides no real protection, detailers scam. Get real
protection with xpel paint protection film or similar.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That would set me off sorry to see.

But forget ceramic, waste of money. Provides no real protection, detailers scam. Get real
protection with xpel paint protection film or similar.
Thanks, yeah it sucks balls. However, can’t forget it, it’s been done and paid for. I went to a business in town that has all options available, different ceramics and films and I chose ceramic. I had a film (not xpel) on my previous car. I’ve been super happy with my ceramic. Still am, despite it having acne in the front drivers side courtesy of the highway maintenance eejit. But then again, my car is only 4 months old..

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Yeah I hear ya. Thanks. I want it putting right and if it’s paint damage, that’s what it is. I’m sure someone on the business would assess my vehicle when it’s clean and dry and see that it’s flawless therefore this kind of damage is a big deal. I understand that had it been an older car with lots of other dings, not so. I am imagining how the owner of a beautiful classic car with glassy paintwork would feel, that they spend hours looking after so it looks pristine. That’s how I feel!!
I did not mean to imply that you are not justified in your feelings. Sorry if it came across that way.

BTW, ceramic coatings do provide protection for your paint, but just not against mechanical types of abuse (scratches or chips caused by things coming in contact with the paint). On the other side, Paint Protection Film does protect against that but will never look as good as a ceramic coating, at least not yet anyway (maybe someday?). Anyone who really likes the look of freshly cleaned and “waxed” paint on their car is not going to be happy with PPF. It just doesn’t look as good or feel as good or clean up as easily. I’ve done both and I prefer the look/feel of a ceramic. If you were a more utilitarian type of person then PPF might be the answer.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did not mean to imply that you are not justified in your feelings. Sorry if it came across that way.

BTW, ceramic coatings do provide protection for your paint, but just not against mechanical types of abuse (scratches or chips caused by things coming in contact with the paint). On the other side, Paint Protection Film does protect against that but will never look as good as a ceramic coating, at least not yet anyway (maybe someday?). Anyone who really likes the look of freshly cleaned and “waxed” paint on their car is not going to be happy with PPF. It just doesn’t look as good or feel as good or clean up as easily. I’ve done both and I prefer the look/feel of a ceramic. If you were a more utilitarian type of person then PPF might be the answer.
No, absolutely it didn’t come across as anything 👍🏼 Nothing but niceness & moral support on this thread.
Yeah I been really happy with the look and feel of my ceramic this far. Not much could have protected against that debris other than a force-field

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm obsessed with keeping my paint flawless too. I mentioned over and over to my dealer not to touch my car after it came in because I didn't want them running it through the touch carwash and ruining the flawless clear coat. I see people at the brush wash and cringe. I've had nightmares about people touching my car lol. I would be beyond upset if this happened to me.

What dashcam do you have? I've been meaning to get one and now I feel like I should.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I already started the claim process with highways who I deem their contractor as responsible, but not yet with my own insurance. For some reason I wasn’t thinking in that order. But first thing next week I’ll get the process started with my insurance.
My thought is I PAY for insurance to deal with issues like this, so getting money from the culpable party is the insurance company's responsibility.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm obsessed with keeping my paint flawless too. I mentioned over and over to my dealer not to touch my car after it came in because I didn't want them running it through the touch carwash and ruining the flawless clear coat. I see people at the brush wash and cringe. I've had nightmares about people touching my car lol. I would be beyond upset if this happened to me.

What dashcam do you have? I've been meaning to get one and now I feel like I should.
Hahah thanks, it is so nice to know someone else is like this too! I really am obsessed also. I would have used a stronger word than obsessed if I knew one. I even bought the Foam King attachment for my home hose so I can touchless foam bath my beauty as I have learned that foam is the key!

I have the BlackVue DR 750 X front facing camera. It wasn’t even the latest model which I think is the 900. Despite that, it’s still totally kick ass. You can also get rear facing & internal additions. I got a local auto electrician to install at the same time they did my LED light bar at the front. There are other brands of course, but my dad has used this one for a decade so I simply leaned on his experience.

I am without doubt going to get one for my husbands truck soon.

I wholeheartedly recommend getting one. If you need any further info, just ask!

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My thought is I PAY for insurance to deal with issues like this, so getting money from the culpable party is the insurance company's responsibility.
Thank you Mark S, I appreciate the input and your perspective and you’re absolutely right.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hahah thanks, it is so nice to know someone else is like this too! I really am obsessed also. I would have used a stronger word than obsessed if I knew one. I even bought the Foam King attachment for my home hose so I can touchless foam bath my beauty as I have learned that foam is the key!

I have the BlackVue DR 750 X front facing camera. It wasn’t even the latest model which I think is the 900. Despite that, it’s still totally kick ass. You can also get rear facing & internal additions. I got a local auto electrician to install at the same time they did my LED light bar at the front. There are other brands of course, but my dad has used this one for a decade so I simply leaned on his experience.

I am without doubt going to get one for my husbands truck soon.

I wholeheartedly recommend getting one. If you need any further info, just ask!
Thank you! Does it have to be installed professionally? That's the only part that would hold me back.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you! Does it have to be installed professionally? That's the only part that would hold me back.
I don’t think so, but I wanted the wires hidden and didn’t have the time or inclination to do a DIY job. I think you can plug it in yourself & have the wire visible. I also know that there’s resources out there about how to do it yourself in a manner that hides the wires. BlackVue has a page about it..
https://blackvue.com/installation-videos/

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Ouch.

It’s just a matter of time for me

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You’re a fellow BC-er I guess! Yeah I have had 10 years of passing these trucks in opposite directions but never was I showered with a sheet of debris. I’m incredibly happy to have the dash cam 👌🏼
From Abbotsford so not too far away. I was up your way at the beginning of Dec to visit family. I bought a 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid and within a few weeks I had a big chip on my hood, I put touch-up paint on it but I saw the scar every time I looked at my car. This time I had the paint protection film applied on the whole front end (including headlights), on recommendation from my brother who is an automotive painter. Fingers crossed it holds up. I might look into a dash cam.
Sponsored