First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! OJ

(SEE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS IN POST BELOW)

My new 2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition has arrived, and I love it! This car is fantastic and the design team should get an award and a big raise from Ford! The car rides like a dream, has plenty of room for a family and for cargo, and has lots of cool features. I'm a life-long Ford guy, and they have hit a home run here. The car offers a little bit of everything...sleek and stylish, sporty yet luxurious, retro yet contemporary, rugged yet fun and casual!

PROS: Very zippy (this one has the 2.0 liter, 4 CYL engine), maneuverable, great acceleration, good visibility, great head room and leg room in the front.

CONS: A little tight on rear leg room, no adaptive cruise control, no under-seat storage in second row like the other BS models, no garage-door opener control built in.

Overall...A++++++. I predict Ford will sell tons of this car because it offers so much utility and value. It's sort of a compact SUV, but they've designed it so you feel like you are in a big SUV when you are in it. All of the controls and functions are well-designed and easily accessible.

I have owned many vehicles (nearly all Fords) and my two favorites were my 1984 Ford Bronco II and my original edition Ford Escape (the boxy one - I had several of them). The new BS combines a lot of the good things about those two vehicles and takes "utility" to a new level because the vehicle can be about anything you need it to be - a family vehicle, an economy car, a reliable 4WD or even a SERIOUS off-road vehicle. I'm not sure there has been a vehicle ever made that provides this variety of function.

If you are waiting on your Bronco Sport, be prepared to get a LOT of attention when you hit the road! When I went to pick up my car at the dealer, there was a mob of people looking at it when I got there, and I have already been approached by several curious people, including the UPS man at my office! People on the road are literally staring and pulling up beside me to have a look, some with friendly (maybe envious?) waves!

I will post back as I drive the car more but would like to close by saying how much I have enjoyed the Bronco Sport Forum the last few months as I have waited for mine. To whoever organized the site, thank you very much, and to all of the members, thank you for posting and sharing!
Sponsored

Last edited:

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Wow! This is the first Cyber Orange Sport I've seen delivered. It's gorgeous!

Congratulations!!

I'm a lifelong Ford girl and I can't wait to order my rapid red Badlands Sport to replace my Escape (there's currently a hold on some new orders right now...ugh!)

But I LOVE Cyber Orange. I'm actually ordering a Cyber Orange 2DR Bronco soon, if production ever starts.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Never NOT post photos. In this case, the rule "too much of a good thing" doesn't apply.

Last edited:

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Its way more yellow than orange.... but I like that. Its an awesome color.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! OJ

My new 2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition has arrived, and I love it! This car is fantastic and the design team should get an award and a big raise from Ford! The car rides like a dream, has plenty of room for a family and for cargo, and has lots of cool features. I'm a life-long Ford guy, and they have hit a home run here. The car offers a little bit of everything...sleek and stylish, rugged yet luxurious, retro yet contemporary, rugged yet fun and casual!

PROS:

Very zippy (this one has the 2.0 liter, 4 CYL engine), maneuverable, great acceleration, good visibility, great head room and leg room in the front. CONS: A little tight on rear leg room, no adaptive cruise control, no under-seat storage in second row like the other BS models, no garage-door opener control built in.

Overall...A++++++. I predict Ford will sell tons of this car because it offers so much utility and value. It's sort of a compact SUV, but they've designed it so you feel like you are in a big SUV when you are in it. All of the controls and functions are well-designed and easily accessible.

I imagine most people reading this already are familiar with the features of the BS, so I am not posting a video and 72 photos since this one is like all the others you have seen. But I will add I have owned many vehicles (nearly all Fords) and my two favorites were my 1984 Ford Bronco II and my original edition Ford Escape (the boxy one - I had several of them). The new BS combines a lot of the good things about those two vehicles and takes "utility" to a new level because the vehicle can be about anything you need it to be - a family vehicle, an economy car, a reliable 4WD or even a SERIOUS off-road vehicle. I'm not sure there has been a vehicle ever made that provides this variety of function.

If you are waiting on your Bronco Sport, be prepared to get a LOT of attention when you hit the road! When I went to pick up my car at the dealer, there was a mob of people looking at it when I got there, and I have already been approached by several curious people, including the UPS man at my office! People on the road are literally staring and pulling up beside me to have a look, some with friendly (maybe envious?) waves!

I will post back as I drive the car more but would like to close by saying how much I have enjoyed the Bronco Sport Forum the last few months as I have waited for mine. To whoever organized the site, thank you very much, and to all of the members, thank you for posting and sharing!
Nice, color looks great on it!

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Happy to hear you're enjoying your new Bronco Sport! I'm part of the team that designed the BS and we really enjoy reading your feedback, good and bad.
@broncobuster2550 do you know the reasoning behind not including CoPilot 360+, ambient lighting and rear under seat storage in the FE?

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
I got the message. Here are more photos.
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145417
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145324
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145313
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145301
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145254
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145224
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145209
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_145156
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210107_124614
Ford Bronco Sport My New Bronco Sport First Edition is Here, and I LOVE IT! 20210106_095654
That cup cell phone holder. How do you like that one? I've been shopping around for one to get when my Bronco Sport gets here and I'm have a tough time deciding. What's your opinion of that one? Does it work well and remain stable?

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
@broncobuster2550 do you know the reasoning behind not including CoPilot 360+, ambient lighting and rear under seat storage in the FE?
Good try, dude. I doubt we're ever gonna get an answer to that one. My guess is a play for an extra margin squeeze at the beginning of sales.

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Happy to hear you're enjoying your new Bronco Sport! I'm part of the team that designed the BS and we really enjoy reading your feedback, good and bad.
You've done a great job with the vehicle...I do have a question is you can answer it. Is is possible for me to purchase a new back seat unit from Ford (Navy Pier) WITH the under-seat storage and have the current seat replaced with it? If so, how would I go about that?

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That cup cell phone holder. How do you like that one? I've been shopping around for one to get when my Bronco Sport gets here and I'm have a tough time deciding. What's your opinion of that one? Does it work well and remain stable?
The cell phone cup holder I have is called CupCall and the place to get one is https://www.getcupcall.com/Home?ref=www.getcupcall.com. I very much like it. It is very sturdy. I originally had the Weathertech cup holder, but the CupCall actually rotates 360 so you can put your phone in "landscape" mode, especially good for GPS. The other thing I like about the CupCall is it has a "screw down" assembly that allows for a very tight and secure "custom fit" in your cupholder regardless of what size it is. The Weathertech one comes with three different adapters for cupholder size so you only have three options. With CupCall you basically have unlimited cup holder size options.

OP
OP

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Someone posted elsewhere on the forum a Ford rep had said (paraphrasing) the "First Edition" was "First" but not necessarily the "Everything" edition, which I took to mean there was a feasibility reason those were not included, most likely manufacturing or parts were not yet ready; however, I know there were a lot of Bronco Sports shipping to dealers way before my car arrived that had these options. I do feel a little deprived because the way the "First Edition" was presented on the Ford web site you got the impression it was the "top of the line" model, which it really isn't. The top of the line model is the Badlands+BadLands package with 360+ CoPilot w/Adaptive Cruise added as options. I am coming from a Ford Explorer Platinum with Adaptive Cruise Control. I used that feature every day and I am having a hard time adapting to not having it. Very disappointed it wasn't in the FE.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Someone posted elsewhere on the forum a Ford rep had said (paraphrasing) the "First Edition" was "First" but not necessarily the "Everything" edition, which I took to mean there was a feasibility reason those were not included, most likely manufacturing or parts were not yet ready; however, I know there were a lot of Bronco Sports shipping to dealers way before my car arrived that had these options. I do feel a little deprived because the way the "First Edition" was presented on the Ford web site you got the impression it was the "top of the line" model, which it really isn't. The top of the line model is the Badlands+BadLands package with 360+ CoPilot w/Adaptive Cruise added as options. I am coming from a Ford Explorer Platinum with Adaptive Cruise Control. I used that feature every day and I am having a hard time adapting to not having it. Very disappointed it wasn't in the FE.
It was without a doubt a shit move by ford. I put a deposit down on an FE and was shocked when I learned it dint have adaptive cruise. Thats a feature I'm not giving up.
Sponsored