Donobrown

Big Bend
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
hi thought I'd show my current camping setup. Three sectioned platform that sits in the trunk, so full access to the backseats when in non-sleep mode. 10in of space in the trunk below the platform. Recently purchased the D-Hive SUV Mattress, slept great for the two nights tested (it fits inside fairly good). Future purchases: probably an awning and maybe a rooftop cargo box. Highly recommend the electric fridge + powerbank route for food storage, i hate dealing with melted ice lol. Feel free to ask questions about the build / products, cheers.

Ford Bronco Sport My Camping Setup: Raised Sleeping Platform & Inflatable Mattress IMG_1612
Ford Bronco Sport My Camping Setup: Raised Sleeping Platform & Inflatable Mattress IMG_1611
Sponsored

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Awesome set up! One question, I have a golden retriever a little bigger than the pup in the photo, and have just always figured there’s no way my wife, me and my dog could fit comfortably. Does your dog fit with you in that set up?

OP
OP

Donobrown

Big Bend
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Awesome set up! One question, I have a golden retriever a little bigger than the pup in the photo, and have just always figured there’s no way my wife, me and my dog could fit comfortably. Does your dog fit with you in that set up?
Not my dog :p but I would imagine it'd be pretty tough to fit all three. Me and my girlfriend (5'10 + 5'8) have just enough room to be comfortable. If you utilize the very small space in the front you could possibly make a small bed for a dog. I'd just try laying the seats down and test it out

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
How do you find getting in and out? I slept in the back once and getting in and out was so awkward, I haven't done it since.

I think if the hatch had a latch on the inside to get out it would be a lot better.

cory4president

Big Bend
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Looks good! I’m doing a similar thing. Can you show what the platform looks like. Like how it unfolds? are you hooking the fold out to the back of the fronts seats? And do you have like legs to support the fold out parts?

Last edited:

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
How do you find getting in and out? I slept in the back once and getting in and out was so awkward, I haven't done it since.

I think if the hatch had a latch on the inside to get out it would be a lot better.
Two things make it much easier: only fold down the passenger seat that's behind the driver's seat. Make that your bed space. To get in, you just get in the passenger-side back seat door like you would to just sit there. Then you "stand up“ the best you can (hunched over a bit) and turn your backside to the bed area and sit down. I sleep head to the back, so once I'm sitting on the bed area, I just lean back and slide down a bit. Getting out is easy because you just slide your legs off the bed side and into the foot space of the rear passenger seat that you came in from.

When I used to sleep head towards the front, I used the key fob to unlock the hatch and give it a push to open. It's the quickest way. But when I'm ready to get back in, I close the hatch from the outside and go back in through the passenger door like I described.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
hi thought I'd show my current camping setup. Three sectioned platform that sits in the trunk, so full access to the backseats when in non-sleep mode. 10in of space in the trunk below the platform. Recently purchased the D-Hive SUV Mattress, slept great for the two nights tested (it fits inside fairly good). Future purchases: probably an awning and maybe a rooftop cargo box. Highly recommend the electric fridge + powerbank route for food storage, i hate dealing with melted ice lol. Feel free to ask questions about the build / products, cheers.

Ford Bronco Sport My Camping Setup: Raised Sleeping Platform & Inflatable Mattress IMG_1612
Ford Bronco Sport My Camping Setup: Raised Sleeping Platform & Inflatable Mattress IMG_1611
Great setup! Thanks for sharing your camping adventure with us, Donovan! 🏕
Sponsored