Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
But I guess in this economy, I shouldn't be complaining.

In all seriousness, I parked my Badlands in my driveway last night with the gas gauge reading 1 bar less than a full tank. I started it up again this morning to drive to work and was back to full. Didn't drop back down until about 10 minutes in to my morning commute. What gives?

For context, this is the first time it's ever happened. My boyfriend did not borrow my car and kindly refuel it since we were both together from the moment I got home. We do live in a house with a bit of a steep driveway, but our parking pad levels out and is mostly flat at the top (No need to even use the parking brake). Not sure if slope can even affect the reading.
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Did that happen yesterday? Because mine did the same thing. It was parked flat on Friday when I pulled in with the gauge one bar down. Started it yesterday and it showed full. Got down the road and it returned to one bar down. 🤷‍♀️ I always set the parking brake, it’s how I was taught. I was thinking maybe Ford ran an update and it just took a few minutes for the computer to finish once there was power.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I had to drive my step sons pick up the other day. His was about two clicks below empty. $70 and it was at full because I’m not a betting man. Did your boyfriend’s dad borrow your Bronco? :cool:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
That might explain it for Kris, but I’m a widow. I had both fob’s in my possession and no one nearby. 🤷‍♀️ It’s a mystery.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
In my experience this happens due to the temperature. If it it is close to the amount of gas it takes to read fuel just a few degrees can change the reading.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The tank contains 16 gallons when full, thus each bar is 2 gallons.

Obviously, the software rounds up or down to decide how many bars to display.

I believe the OP's tank was right on the edge and rounded up, then rounded down.
Sponsored