WoodmanMN

Base
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is the GT bird. 1997 Thunderbird with a 2003 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 (Windsor Aluminum Plant block, 80lbs lighter than the iron block), bowl ported PI heads, PI/NA Stage 2 cams from www.modularheadshop.com, cams are degreed and using Trick Flow adjustable crank gears, Ford Performance PI intake with an enlarged C&L Throttle Body, a 1/2" plenum spacer, and a 75mm Accufab throttle body. It has Kooks chassis specific mid length headers, 1.75" primaries and 3" collectors (WAY too big for the motor, 1.5" primaries/2" collectors would have been better, but I couldn't pass up the deal on these), and a full 2.5" exhaust from the collectors back, going through a mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out resonator with glasspacks at the exit. Tune is from lasotaracing.com. The engine is mated currently to a J-modded 4R70W, has a 3.73 gear set with trakloc, independent rear suspension, 1989 Thunderbird Super Coupe front and rear sway bars, 18x9" wheels with 255/40/18 tires all around.

I've been Johnny Cashing the car (one piece at a time) as money and time allows. She's finally ready to put together, engine is in, I'm working on getting the transmission in next, then the fuel pump (Walbro 255lph unit), and she'll be ready to go.

Attached is how she sounded on the listed exhaust, but with the original Non-PI motor with PI heads, intake, and cams. She made 270HP crank, 226 wheel at that point. Current engine should make around 350hp crank, just about 300 at the wheels with the new combo. Future plans are to put a TR6060 Magnum in for better ratios and a better cruising RPM with the taller .63:1 6th gear over the .70:1 in the slush-o-matic.

Ford Bronco Sport My 97 Thunderbird project car Favorite pic of GTBird

Ford Bronco Sport My 97 Thunderbird project car Headers on
Sponsored

Attachments