Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I own a '23 OBX. It is Cactus Gray with Ebony/Roast interior. It has technology, Ford Co-Pilot 360 driver assist+, factory floor liners, and a moonroof from the factory. Here's the story of my build so far. Let me start by saying I'm the exception to the rule for this forum. I bought my OBX for looks and will probably never go off-roading. That explains the nature of my mods. Here's what's done so far.

Under the hood: Factory engine cover and hood insulation pad (both missing from the factory). Redline hood struts (factory rod removed). Steeda strut tower brace. K & N air filter. Mobil 1 full synthetic oil.

Front: Tinted eyebrow over top of windshield. Black overlay vinyl letters on Bronco grill letters. Matte black wrap on hood.

Sides: Front door windows tinted. Tectico side marker lights (directional only). Chrome Verde mag wheels (summer only - factory wheels and snow tires for winter). Chrome one piece lug nuts.

Back: LED brake and back-up lights. Craven stubby antenna. Rear Bumper Protector. Black overlay vinyl letters on Bronco Sport tailgate letters. Miytsya chrome exhaust tips.

Interior: Screen protector for Sync, storage tray in console, storage compartment behind sync screen. Install missing factory panel under glove box. Install missing pen/pencil holder under console cover. Door sill protectors. Factory recovery hook in spare tire compartment. Glove compartment organizer tray. Tailgate rear door glass heating line covers. Escape illuminated cup holders. Black trunk cargo organizer.

Here are a few pictures of my build.
Ford Bronco Sport My '23 OBX Build 100_6575.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport My '23 OBX Build 100_6786.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport My '23 OBX Build 100_6783.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Iā€™m that weird guy that likes the OBX wheels but I must admit, great improvement. šŸ”„

Great job all around really!

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Nice setup, wheels look good. Did you notice any difference by adding the Steeda brace?

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice setup, wheels look good. Did you notice any difference by adding the Steeda brace?
I installed the brace at 100 miles or so. Couldn't make a fair comparison. I had one on my '06 Mustang GT. It definitely helped handling and cornering. I assume that would be the case with my OBX. I don't see any advantage for off-roading, but I won't be doing any of that anyway.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Iā€™m that weird guy that likes the OBX wheels but I must admit, great improvement. šŸ”„

Great job all around really!
Youā€™re not the only one, I like them too. One of the reasons why I went with the OBX.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youā€™re not the only one, I like them too. One of the reasons why I went with the OBX.
It's not that I dislike the OBX wheels. It's just that everyone with a OBX has them. I want my ride to look different Plus I need an extra set of wheels for my snow tires.

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
I also have a 23 obx I'm not planningon taking off road. good job with yours!

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
I own a '23 OBX. It has technology, Ford Co-Pilot 360 driver assist+, factory floor liners, and a moonroof from the factory. Here's the story of my build so far. Let me start by saying I'm the exception to the rule for this forum. I bought my OBX for looks and will probably never go off-roading. That explains the nature of my mods. Here's what's done so far.

Under the hood: Factory engine cover and hood insulation pad (both missing from the factory). Redline hood struts (factory rod removed). Steeda strut tower brace. K & N air filter. Mobil 1 full synthetic oil.

Front: Tinted eyebrow over top of windshield. Black overlay vinyl letters on Bronco grill letters.

Sides: Front door windows tinted. Tectico side marker lights (directional only). Chrome Verde mag wheels (summer only - factory wheels and snow tires for winter).

Back: LED brake and back-up lights. Craven stubby antenna. Rear Bumper Protector. Black overlay vinyl letters on Bronco Sport tailgate letters.

Interior: Screen protector for Sync, storage tray in console, storage compartment behind sync screen. Install missing factory panel under glove box. Install missing pen/pencil holder under console cover. Door sill protectors. Factory tow hook in spare tire compartment. Glove compartment organizer tray.

I have one more mod planned. It has to wait for warmer weather. (It's still chilly here in Syracuse). I'm going to wire up the illuminated Escape cup holders to my ambient lights. One other thing I am considering is adding a black vinyl graphic to the hood.

Here are a few pictures of my build.
Ford Bronco Sport My '23 OBX Build 100_6575.JPG
View attachment 37389 View attachment 37390
Under the hood: Factory engine cover and hood insulation pad (both missing from the factory)
Where do you get those items?

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Under the hood: Factory engine cover and hood insulation pad (both missing from the factory)
Where do you get those items?
If you check this forum, you can find a good part # for the under-hood insulation pad. You can order it from the dealer or online. Unfortunately, Ford discontinued the engine cover for the 1.5. You may find a dealer somewhere that still has one. Here again check this forum and you will find the part #'s you need.
Sponsored

Last edited: