BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hey all! Haven’t seen much posted on my color combo…I love it! Especially with the Roast interior.

I have previously owned a 2018 4Runner Pro since new and believe it or not, I like the BS better! The 4Runner is big/boaty and heavy…Great for off-road sure, but wasn’t the best as a daily driver for me. Plus the seating position in the 4Runner is low with a low ceiling. I sold it after a year and a 1/2 for what I bought it for and moved on.

Anyways, my initial impression is that I cannot believe the fit and finish/build quality of the BS. Perfect panel gaps/alignment….The paint especially is done well, under hood, door jambs ect.

I traded in my 2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD for the BS. And while the two are not comparable vehicle types, I had a few wide panel gaps in the Acura, one that you could fit your pinky in between the hood/fender. Several trim pieces that were not flush/ fit correctly and the paint was not fully in the jambs/ A-pillers and under the hood! The brakes squeaked and the rotors started to wobble at 5k miles, “updated parts coming”….The infotainment was glitchy daily….49K car BTW. The Acura also has a 2.0L turbo engine and the Ecoboost 2.0L is quieter and smoother….I was shocked!

I’m just saying all manufacturers have thier issues and I’m sure I’ll have a few with my BS. But so far, so good. My 2020 Ford F-150 Supercrew has had zero problems and has what turned me back to Ford.

The BS still makes me excited to drive and discover things about….of the many new cars I’ve had, this one is the best!

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands 66EFBA32-FC3B-4050-B8D5-31E4B83C1053

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands FED09AB1-6BAC-4677-A4B4-1390787AD603

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands BA5C86DC-BE61-4BED-BD42-D52D4ED5F31A

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands B659F4CF-42F8-43E5-AA0B-D16193E8AD8C

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands 958B501A-1F93-4F21-8193-E1669AE5A8E0
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looks great and unique. Ford's marketing materials make bronze smoke look pretty blah.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
great combo like it was meant to be. The personal photos make the bronze smoke look really good. The metallic is nice. Well done in ordering and selecting a nice ride. Broncos of all colors look pretty good. That has a nice rugged outdoor appearance to it. Good call.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Everyone. In actuality the Bronze Smoke color is much lighter and almost has greys to it in person, photos don't do the color justice! And the dealer ordered it that way.... I was just inquiring about a BS and lucky for me it came in that day. I thought about ordering my own ( I really like Area 51 or Cactus grey) but the dealer told me they are not taking any more orders for 2022 (badlands becoming limited). And any 2022's left went up an additional $2,500! So I figured its meant to be....I wanted the sunroof, premium package, bigger tires and roof rails and that's exactly what this one had!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Nice! I really like that color combo. I went silver as I wasn’t quite sure enough about choosing the Bronze as I hadn’t even seen a pic yet when I ordered. This would’ve easily been a choice too, particularly with the ebony/roast interior.

I too hope for no issue for anyone with their Sport. I had a 2007 F150 that was incredible! Replaced a decade later with a 2007 MDX which I loved but since sold when I no longer wanted the size of the truck. Yet for a vehicle priced much higher at the time, I’m not sure it’s obvious from this pic, but the doors had never lined up with the dash, quite jarring every time you look at it. Even at that price point & quality brand, these are still mass produced designs at a particular price point with all the compromises that entails.
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands 1652130761785

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Looks good! Are those the 235/65 R17 upgrade tires for the Badlands? If so how do you like them? Still waiting for mine.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Anyways, my initial impression is that I cannot believe the fit and finish/build quality of the BS. Perfect panel gaps/alignment….The paint especially is done well, under hood, door jambs ect.

My thoughts exactly. My 12/23/21 built 22 OBX’s build quality still amazes me. So far everything I’ve looked at fits, lines up, no loose threads in upholstery. Even under rear seat. My Flat Rock built Mustang was like a snap together Revell plastic model.
Just curious, look under the dash on passenger side. Is there a panel missing. It’s just a plastic piece with some thin insulation on it. If missing, dealer should order under warranty. There is a thread about it on this forum.

Know you will enjoy your new BS.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Yes I saw that. There are a couple different versions for the tread design for the AT. I was hoping it was the AT3. Glad I upgraded. 👍

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! Are those the 235/65 R17 upgrade tires for the Badlands? If so how do you like them? Still waiting for mine.
I like them! Haven't gone off road yet, but they are quiet and ride nice. Plus they are 1/2" taller/beefier looking.....gives the BS a great stance!

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's missing, I knew it was missing from previous posts on this site.....I ordered the dash piece along with an engine cover (and misc parts to install) and the missing passenger side carpet piece underneath. The dash piece is a $38 dollar part and didn't bring up the warranty part. Not worth the struggle to me....gonna use ford points to pay for it all LOL.....The dealer said its on national back order and could take a few weeks or a few months for the dash piece.

What cracks me up the most is that the other missing parts came in a few days.....so why exactly were they missing?! Ohh well, if was to wait any longer, my model was going to cost me $2500 more on the MSRP!.... and probably wouldn't have come with the missing parts either! Still a happy customer.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey all! Haven’t seen much posted on my color combo…I love it! Especially with the Roast interior.

I have previously owned a 2018 4Runner Pro since new and believe it or not, I like the BS better! The 4Runner is big/boaty and heavy…Great for off-road sure, but wasn’t the best as a daily driver for me. Plus the seating position in the 4Runner is low with a low ceiling. I sold it after a year and a 1/2 for what I bought it for and moved on.

I traded in my 2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD for the BS. And while the two are not comparable vehicle types, I had a few wide panel gaps in the Acura, one that you could fit your pinky in between the hood/fender. Several trim pieces that were not flush/ fit correctly and the paint was not fully in the jambs/ A-pillers and under the hood! The brakes squeaked and the rotors started to wobble at 5k miles, “updated parts coming”….The infotainment was glitchy daily….49K car BTW. The Acura also has a 2.0L turbo engine and the Ecoboost 2.0L is quieter and smoother….I was shocked!

I’m just saying all manufacturers have thier issues and I’m sure I’ll have a few with my BS. But so far, so good. My 2020 Ford F-150 Supercrew has had zero problems and has what turned me back to Ford.

The BS still makes me excited to drive and discover things about….of the many new cars I’ve had, this one is the best!

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands 66EFBA32-FC3B-4050-B8D5-31E4B83C1053

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands FED09AB1-6BAC-4677-A4B4-1390787AD603

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands BA5C86DC-BE61-4BED-BD42-D52D4ED5F31A

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands B659F4CF-42F8-43E5-AA0B-D16193E8AD8C

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Bronze Smoke/Carbonized Grey Badlands 958B501A-1F93-4F21-8193-E1669AE5A8E0
I liked the Kodiak Brown and thought of that with the gray roof combination...like this too. Nice combination with the gray and brown in the interior.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

I'm big on how the interior and exterior colors coordinate - one of the reasons I like Iconic Silver with the grey cloth interior so much. But Dark Roast with Kodiak Brown is simply beautiful!