WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
It's mostly because the BS tends to not downshift at lower rpms and speeds, meaning whatever gear it is in, it's running at like 1200 rpm or so. Goose the gas to get it to shift into a lower gear, the rpms go up and the shudder goes away. I don't know for sure, but I don't think it uses 2 cyl mode at low speeds. I would think that would be for steady highway speeds. If you put it in sport mode, it will hold the rpms higher at a given speed and the shudder will be gone. It will be at the expense of gas mileage though. I notice that sometimes at stoplights there is a shudder. I don't know if it will go to 2 cyl mode when stopped or if it is because the 3 cyl is just rough at certain rpms.

RiotfunK

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I think it’s the way the 3cyl is tuned under 2300 rpm. Feels like someone letting out the clutch and then trying to not stall by giving it gas. Is loud chatter and delay in power. Putting in sport mode gets rid of this feeling. Going off of escape 3 banger I have as a loaner. It feels terrible to drive

OP
OP

JRCLT59

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ford
having the same issue around the same mph's as well. it just shutters and shakes and trembles and then I hit the gas and it goes away which leads me to believe its some sort of turbo issue maybe? I'll try the sport mode, I just hit the 1,500m mark. I have a 22 OBX.
This issue seems to have my dealership scratching their heads. Can’t figure it out

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i have the shudder, for 40,XXX kilometers now. Nothing will blow up but it is there. If i remember correctly there was a thread somewhere stating the condition is from the torque convertor?