SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I myself served with a few of them dudes, but I am a firm believer in staying in the vehicle until the wheels touch the terrafirma. I was a Mechanized 11B before switching to a 88H in the reserves. Thank you for your service
My first enlistment in active duty was light infantry, then I switched to the California Army National Guard and that was mechanized. I so prefer light Infantry taking care of those tracks was a pain in the ass.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My first enlistment in active duty was light infantry, then I switched to the California Army National Guard and that was mechanized. I so prefer light Infantry taking care of those tracks was a pain in the ass.
"Light" Infantry. Ha!

OP
OP
SgtT11B

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Light" Infantry. Ha!

Yea rucking with 100lbs worth of kit isn't light. My first job was an AG (assistant gunner). With the 25th ID back then we were only 2 man teams. I had to carry the spare barrel, T&E Mechanism and the tripod. Not to mention 600 rounds of linked 7.62mm ammo. I would do it all again in a heart beat.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
C Quad B. Co. 1/14th Infantry 1982-1985
can't remember what quad it was with all the construction, but 2-11 FA 2SBCT at Schofield 2006-2009

OP
OP
SgtT11B

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome to see this. I just ETS'd in 2019. 11B and miss it already. Had to throw on the 2ID sticker.

Ford Bronco Sport My 1st mod!!! 25th ID and my whop wings Back of Bronco Sport 22' BB

I got out of the 25th in the late 80s, still have dreams I am still there riding NOE in a UH1 Huey. I did several Team Spirits in Korea, is that where you were stationed?

greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
I got out of the 25th in the late 80s, still have dreams I am still there riding NOE in a UH1 Huey. I did several Team Spirits in Korea, is that where you were stationed?
I was not. I was actually stationed at JBLM in Washington state, with 2SBCT. If I'm not mistaken there are 2-3 Bridages of 2ID at JBLM while the rest is all in Korea. We actually fell under command of 7th ID. It took me a while to be able to accurately understand this because I have met people before who didn't believe me!

OP
OP
SgtT11B

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was not. I was actually stationed at JBLM in Washington state, with 2SBCT. If I'm not mistaken there are 2-3 Bridages of 2ID at JBLM while the rest is all in Korea. We actually fell under command of 7th ID. It took me a while to be able to accurately understand this because I have met people before who didn't believe me!

Yes, the Army got away from Divisions to BCT's (Brigade Combat Teams) due to the GWOT. Since we are gearing up for a near pear fight, we are going back to Divsions. So it was not uncommon to have units attached with one division but were actually assigned to another division.

When I was in, there was only the 25th ID (Light) in Hawaii. They then got broken up to 3 Brigades, one in Hawaii (Light), one in Ft. Lewis Washington (now JBLM) and the other in Alaska as an Airborne Brigade which just got turned over to the 11 Airborne Division. Now its just 2 Brigades (like when I was in) and they are both in Hawaii.

I know what you are talking about missing it. I got out over 30 yrs. ago and have lived a full life since my Army days yet I still miss it.
Sponsored