Moving the Badge

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've seen a few posts about moving the trim level badge. I was curious how to go about that. I have some bodyside moldings I want installed. I mentioned to the dealership about moving the badges to have the moldings higher up and I was told that they'd shrink under a heat gun and wouldn't be able to be reapplied. Is that true?
Sponsored

nny_bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They will likely get deformed after heating. I peeled mine off with just my finger and slowly pulled them off because I made new ones with my vinyl cutter. I put one on my glovebox and the other in my garage. I doubt that they would withstand the elements being re-stuck exterior on the vehicle honestly.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I've seen a few posts about moving the trim level badge. I was curious how to go about that. I have some bodyside moldings I want installed. I mentioned to the dealership about moving the badges to have the moldings higher up and I was told that they'd shrink under a heat gun and wouldn't be able to be reapplied. Is that true?
I used a plastic razor blade I got from some place, picked the corner up, and pealed it off. It is a very thick vinyl and stuck back on trivially to the rear lift gate (where I chose to put it - the other is on my tool box).

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
They will likely get deformed after heating. I peeled mine off with just my finger and slowly pulled them off because I made new ones with my vinyl cutter. I put one on my glovebox and the other in my garage. I doubt that they would withstand the elements being re-stuck exterior on the vehicle honestly.
So far the restuck sticker has stood up to dirt, mud, lots of rain, and multiple washings. The real test will be winter. The pealed up corner from picking it off is the suspected weak spot but even that is fine.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Does badge get in the way of molding or you just wanna move it anyways?

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Does badge get in the way of molding or you just wanna move it anyways?
This post:
Well, crap. Shoulda read this tread before dropping on my BS for the side molding. The pictures show what I picked up from dealer. I brought it to the attention of the Signature shop and they agreed it looked tacky (my word) Janky (their word). Waiting to hear back from them on what they are going to do to fix the problem. I maybe could have lived with it if the side molding didn't overlap the badge.

Ford Bronco Sport Body side molding anyone? IMG_4095.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Body side molding anyone? IMG_4094.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Body side molding anyone? IMG_4090.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Body side molding anyone? IMG_4091.JPG
I fear it.

There's also a post where they installed the bodyside molding higher and moved the badge up and I thought it looked pretty good. I gotta dig it up though.

Edit found it:

Moldings are on; moved the badges to the top of the doors:

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Body Side Moulding? moldings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Try to carefully remove the badges and reset them when the moulding is in. If they won't stick you could order replacement stickers through ford or likely find an aftermarket replacement option.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t really like the look of it though being placed under the indents in the door.
Me neither to be honest with you.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Me neither to be honest with you.
Yeah I didn’t want to comment on the thread of the individual of put them on. But when I first saw them installed it looked like they were installed incorrectly. I was going to buy those too so I’m glad he posted photos and saved me money lol.

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m still debating all these moldings. By the way there’s a sport wing side molding that you can get paint matched that’s placement will omit your badge problem. I don’t really like the look of it though being placed under the indents in the door.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/sportwing-body-side-moldings.3407/
Oh yeah I saw those. Not quite the look that I'm after. I already have the factory body side moldings ordered.

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I looked at mine and it looks like there is enough clearance to get molding installed and stay clear of the sticker. The end result will sort of look like this:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/body-side-molding-anyone.2355/#post-55299
Yeah, it's not a bad look or anything. For whatever reason I just don't like the badge resting above the bodyside molding like its sitting on a shelf.

So far for the suggestions about taking the badge off, it's mostly just been with a razer and carefully. I just thought there might be more to it like adding more adhesive to the badge when reapplying or something.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah, it's not a bad look or anything. For whatever reason I just don't like the badge resting above the bodyside molding like its sitting on a shelf.

So far for the suggestions about taking the badge off, it's mostly just been with a razer and carefully. I just thought there might be more to it like adding more adhesive to the badge when reapplying or something.
I agree, I would be worried about damaging the badge when removing and getting to stick back on wherever I reapply.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I didn’t want to comment on the thread of the individual of put them on. But when I first saw them installed it looked like they were installed incorrectly. I was going to buy those too so I’m glad he posted photos and saved me money lol.
Yeah, agreed. People like different things. We aren't here to judge that.

I'm gonna look into that some more tonight/tomorrow. Gonna measure it to see how far my badge is from the molding channel. Also gonna try to find out molding dimensions. If anybody has that on hand and could post its height that would be great. After that it's just reconciling the measurements I guess.
Sponsored

Last edited: