FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The weather is starting to finally warm up a bit in my area and that means it's time to dig out the MTB. There must be other riders in here and I imagine some of you live where you can ride year-round.

I figured this would be a good spot to talk shop for bikes, trip plans, riding spots, post your setups (both MTB and Bronco Sport).

What are your plans with the BS and what vehicle setup did you come from?

Ford Bronco Sport Mountain bikes and Broncos tempImagenJaQfU
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The weather is starting to finally warm up a bit in my area and that means it's time to dig out the MTB. There must be other riders in here and I imagine some of you live where you can ride year-round.

I figured this would be a good spot to talk shop for bikes, trip plans, riding spots, post your setups (both MTB and Bronco Sport).

Have a Thule 2" hitch-mounted we used on the old minivan, so I'll be glad to get use out of that again on the Sport with my Trek hybrid (just street/trails for me).

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ibis Mojo 3 in "Sharkbite" on a Kuat Transfer hitch rack on our BS OB in Area 51. They complement each other nicely ?
Ford Bronco Sport Mountain bikes and Broncos B45BF9FD-B232-49E3-A500-5CA45ECF30A3

The old rig was a 2001 Infiniti QX4. MTB trail locations usually involve good driving roads so I may eventually figure out a good way to carry the bike on my 2018 Camaro, but until then the BS will do very nicely.

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ibis Mojo 3 in "Sharkbite" on a Kuat Transfer hitch rack on our BS OB in Area 51. They complement each other nicely ?
Ford Bronco Sport Mountain bikes and Broncos B45BF9FD-B232-49E3-A500-5CA45ECF30A3

The old rig was a 2001 Infiniti QX4. MTB trail locations usually involve good driving roads so I may eventually figure out a good way to carry the bike on my 2018 Camaro, but until then the BS will do very nicely.
That is a sharp looking combination!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

I've ridden mountain bikes socially/casually for the best part of 20+the years. With all this isolation crazy, I dropped a couple bucks on a fat tire. I still have my original Gary Fisher from '98, but the fatties give me freedom to ride all year, snow or not. Just lower the tire pressure and off you go. Mountain bikes was one of the chief reasons I selected a sport. I could have purchased an F-150 and that would be easier to haul, but I also like the sport for just getting there. Anxious to hit the trails soon as my daily driver two door coupe doesn't haul bikes.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Curious if my XL Santa Cruz Tallboy will fit upright in the back...I have a Rockymounts hitch rack but it would be sweet if I could keep my bike inside for unplanned lunch rides. Will have to check tomorrow.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Curious if my XL Santa Cruz Tallboy will fit upright in the back...I have a Rockymounts hitch rack but it would be sweet if I could keep my bike inside for unplanned lunch rides. Will have to check tomorrow.
Mine are older 26"ers. I've heard some remove the seat post I'm curious as well.

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
First ride after a full rebuild of the rear DVO shock.
Ford Bronco Sport Mountain bikes and Broncos tempImageV4KGXb

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Might be able to fit my XL Tallboy vertically if I didn’t have my 150mm dropper post 2” out of the seat tube. The rear tire has to be between the front seats for the bars to clear the rear door header. It will lay flat with the front wheel off but it’s tricky to close the rear door fully.
Sponsored