TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Yup, they are confused between the two models like many news groups that I have seen reviews from. Administrator has a thread with all the reviews linked in one place somewhere.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I think they get a script of features and get to see the prototypes and then they write articles...

I like SavageGeese on YouTube they pick apart a vehicle in a unique way...

I will wait for them to rate and review the Bronco Sport, Bronco and New F-150...

They tear into the F-150 but recommend it overall as the truck to buy over the Ram and Tundra...

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
I think they get a script of features and get to see the prototypes and then they write articles...

I like SavageGeese on YouTube they pick apart a vehicle in a unique way...

I will wait for them to rate and review the Bronco Sport, Bronco and New F-150...

They tear into the F-150 but recommend it overall as the truck to buy over the Ram and Tundra...
Thank you for pointing us to that channel! I watched two of their videos already, hopefully they get some time with the bronco soon.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for pointing us to that channel! I watched two of their videos already, hopefully they get some time with the bronco soon.
Little different take and how the look at and compare vehicles...

I am not into many of what they review but I watch to hear their take of it overall...

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Seemed like a lot of regurgitated information in an article published Aug 18... a little outdated too. However it’s always good to see the headlines with an overall view that the Sport is simply not an Escape and people need to get over that.
curious why they keep saying all wheel drive though... I get 4x4 is all wheel drive... but AWD is a different power system... from what I understand the Sport, especially the Badlands, got the Same or similar 4x4 system as the Broncos?... @Granger Ford ... am I wrong here.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I get 4x4 is all wheel drive... but AWD is a different power system...

True

from what I understand the Sport, especially the Badlands, got the Same or similar 4x4 system as the Broncos?.

Very similar...they both have strong attributes that make them very capable
Neither one Bronco or Bronco Sport 4x4 should ever be confused with AWD.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
from what I understand the Sport, especially the Badlands, got the Same or similar 4x4 system as the Broncos?... am I wrong here.
One significant difference is the lack of a low range transfer case on the Sport, so only one speed, unlike the Bronco which has Low and High range.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
One significant difference is the lack of a low range transfer case on the Sport, so only one speed, unlike the Bronco which has Low and High range.
So as I'm a layman completely... but yea we're speaking on 4H LH etc... so the Sport Badlands is like a Mid, for lack of a better term... or is it variable; as in, the computer figures it out as you're going on along and adjusts? Just curious now that you're bringing up cool difference points.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I guess the default setting/default driving mode is something like intelligent AWD in the current and 2005-2012 Escapes?
Unless you have 4x4 lock or a drive mode selected with the GOAT dial, it's probably just FWD and switches to AWD if rear wheel spin is detected by the system, and then returns to FWD once there is no need.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Little different take and how the look at and compare vehicles...

I am not into many of what they review but I watch to hear their take of it overall...
I don’t know, I’m not a fan of those guys. I think they are overly critical and negative, especially about ford’s. If they’d lighten up a bit, it’d be a better channel. I’ll take Doug demuro, the straight pipes, raitis rides, or Alex on autos any day over savage geese.
Sponsored