More Bass to Rear Speakers with Forscan?

pmi3

Big Bend
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Titanium
Has anyone looked into trying to get full range to the rear door speakers with forscan?

I installed some JBLs in the back doors and have just a slimmer of bass present compared to the same speakers up front.

In the full size broncos, people were able to unlock this via forscan config.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pmi3

Big Bend
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Titanium
FYI, I did it.

Go into forscan

- select ACM (not the as-built one).

- Change EQ Setting to 0. (mine was at 1 with the stock 6 speaker setup)

I now get bass in all 4 doors and less shrill highs with my aftermarket speakers!

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
FYI, I did it.

Go into forscan

I now get bass in all 4 doors and less shrill highs with my aftermarket speakers!
Very cool. Always felt the rear speakers did nothing, but this would be a serious game changer for the stock setup.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
FYI, I did it.

Go into forscan

Did you do that for Bronco Sport or for the full size Bronco?

OP
OP

pmi3

Big Bend
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Titanium
A 2021 ford escape actually. But it has same internals as the sport so I posted here.

A friend has the sport with the base 6 speaker stereo and everything is more or less the same afaik. Havent done this to hers in fear that it will blow the stock paper speakers.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A 2021 ford escape actually. But it has same internals as the sport so I posted here.

A friend has the sport with the base 6 speaker stereo and everything is more or less the same afaik. Havent done this to hers in fear that it will blow the stock paper speakers.
Someone is gonna need to be the first Guinea pig to try that forscan mod on a bronco sport. And on the 10 speaker B&O system too.

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
Very interested if others have done this. Following for sure. B & O system is SO bad.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Very interested if others have done this. Following for sure. B & O system is SO bad.
Replace the speakers with some that aren’t crap and put some DynaMatt (or similar) on the door panels. It completely transforms the B&O system into something that is not embarrassing.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Fyi, just checked this today on my 21 OB, non b&o. ACM only has as built currently.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Seems I recall a stereo expert(?) told me that rear speakers were for bass, and all else sound wise was middle to front speakers. I've always tried to adjust to that using an equalizer if the software supported it.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Fyi, just checked this today on my 21 OB, non b&o. ACM only has as built currently.
Just looked in my '21 BB with non B&O stereo... no luck either. Its a shame because I am using Focal speakers that sound amazing but I need to almost pin my bass for a real effect.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Update:

I looked at the Bronco6G Forum since the full-size shares some similarities electronically with the Sport. This post caught my eye:

Briefly compared AsBuilds and a 10 speaker system uses the DSP so by default the ACM sends out a flat signal (00) and a Base model which doesn't have a DSP defaults to EQS EQ #1 (01). You could try the following to see if it helps. Other than that I don't see much else for this.

ACM727-01-02xx**xxxxxx--00 = EQS Flat EQ
I changed that setting in my Big Bend with non B&O and tweaked my EQ settings again and there is a noticeable difference in bass response from the system now. For reference, I changed my stock front and rear speakers to Focal Access 165 coaxial speakers and left stock dash tweeters connected. The speakers were a huge improvement over stock but this EQ change definitely "woke them up".

I hope someone else will try this and confirm my findings. Remember to save your As-Built file in ForScan before writing just in case you need to revert back!

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
i just posted this in the forscan thread. i believe i figured it out. its not the EQ.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-forscan-thread.844/post-147765
Awesome! I guess I was halfway there but couldn’t find the other info you posted to really fill in the blanks. I’ll be changing the other line tomorrow and giving it another shot. So far the flat EQ has definitely been a huge improvement but hopefully the second line change will be perfection.
Sponsored