schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
My wife wanted an awning for our bronco sport, and I found this.

https://moonfab.com/products/moonshade/

Setup is a cinch. The included suction cups look like they'll work fine in calm conditions, and I threw some paracord into the bag so I can lash it to the roof rail if need be. There are magnets available, but I'm leery of the result of a magnet letting go and scratching or denting the car on top where it's harder to notice on a routine chip check.

It's a pricy option, but it's temporary, relatively quick, and packs down to a reasonable size for throwing in the car.

Ford Bronco Sport Moon Shade Awning 20210510_144256

Ford Bronco Sport Moon Shade Awning 20210510_144246

Ford Bronco Sport Moon Shade Awning 20210510_144238
Sponsored

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I just came across this now when i searched for awning. not sure how have been your experience so far after a year+.

I wish they are water proof. but it is a great design. it does not need to carry this a big long tube structure package on the roof to have an awning. but it would be even better if the shade can pop up like this type of beach shade:
Ford Bronco Sport Moon Shade Awning 1662648391702

and the way it anchor to the car, do you use the suction cup? BS is such a short vehicle, the roofline is only about 6'. I can think of a better and easily removable/adjustable anchor system.....

I will keep searching for the best awning....or maybe I need to start to think about making one....

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
I also picked up a moon awning recently. I love it! It seems waterproof to me, anyway. Didn't leak in the rain.

I'm my case, I just run the tube through eye bolts on the roof platform. I couldn't get the suction cups to stick reliably, and the eye bolts are just as quick to put on.

Ford Bronco Sport Moon Shade Awning PXL_20220904_225642945

I love the caribiners and loops to clip lights/etc. It's a great design, and it fits the sport perfectly.
Sponsored