Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
1909 Rutherford Ave Louisville Kentucky 40205
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I have yet to find nd verification that the sport starts in normal mode. It has n verifying icon on the instrument monitor. Switching to other modes have icons. I believe it to start in normal but cannot guarantee that. Any knowledge as to why there is no normal icon.
Sponsored

moserp624

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Mazda CX-5
I have yet to find nd verification that the sport starts in normal mode. It has n verifying icon on the instrument monitor. Switching to other modes have icons. I believe it to start in normal but cannot guarantee that. Any knowledge as to why there is no normal icon.
It does start in normal. No indication in the instrument cluster that I can remember, but the manual says it should and every time I start the car it is in normal.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Is it possible to change my start to eco? I live kinda in the middle of nowhere so most dring involves highway most the time

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Is it possible to change my start to eco? I live kinda in the middle of nowhere so most dring involves highway most the time
I would guess there is some coding to do it. Forscan is a hot topic I know very little about. But logic would say, if you can switch the function of your side mirrors, and disable start/stop auto, changing the goat default seems binary.

OP
OP

HutcHscrim

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
1909 Rutherford Ave Louisville Kentucky 40205
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
After 31 years in Ford quality control I can tell you if it make sense Ford will not do it! Logic and adaptability only works if it is not expensive. And simple programming can create glitches elsewhere. Management goes by the first do no harm oath. So fixes are basically an economic need based on customer outcry for a change.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
After 31 years in Ford quality control I can tell you if it make sense Ford will not do it! Logic and adaptability only works if it is not expensive. And simple programming can create glitches elsewhere. Management goes by the first do no harm oath. So fixes are basically an economic need based on customer outcry for a change.
Oh for sure, so to that end, if they had to code the goats in, the default is whatever is coded. I'd say it would simply take someone with the tool and understanding to switch it. It's just a code change so far as I can tell.
Ford logic would say, we need to enter code for each mode and it's cheaper to set one as a default changing that code would be simple vs writing new code for every new vehicle line.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i asked the gf to switch to eco mode while i was driving. she turned the transmission gear selector by accident. went into an immediate limp mode ?. was like why no power wtf? and i saw the sport was in reverse. no harm done, simple accident.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
It would be cool to change it start in eco mode instead of normal. It's odd that it doesn't.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
It would be cool to change it start in eco mode instead of normal. It's odd that it doesn't.
You can definitely switch modes when moving . You do not want to touch your gear shift dial (PRND)
Sponsored